Autometer Bezel Paint

Black99Stage2

Established Member
I just recieved my Autometer Dual Cluster Bezel for 01-03 Mustang...It is a flat black color...I want to paint it the stock charcoal looking color?...Where can I purchase this color?...I heard u can get it in a spray paint can from ford? If so how do i go through with doing this?..online? or via my ford dealer?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Black99Stage2
Can i order it online?...if so...whats the website
Maybe from fordpartsonline but you will likely pay hazmat charges on it as well, I would just call a local dealer.

On a side note, is there a color code we can get off our door sticker to make sure the PN above is the right color?

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
I was the one who posted the color in the previous thread and Ford only has 3 interior paint colors available. I have purchased all of them and the Midnight Black is the color. I unfortunately do not have my pods installed yet, but when I painted them the color looks to be identicle to the interior.

You can get it at your local Ford dealer. It is about $13 a can. Just tell them you need interior paint and give them that part number....should be no problem. My dealer got it in within a few days.

Last edited:

itpphoto

Established Member
BDC_CBRA02,
Thanks for originally posting the number, I wrote it down and was lucky enough to find it and repost it. Stuff like that really helps when the dealer parts guy is having a hard time finding what you need.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
No problem, I just did not want anyone else to have to buy all three colors trying to find the right one. You can't return them so that is why I bought all three colors. Plus, the dealer can't help you out at all...or at least mine couldn't with the color. They couldn't tell me if it was dark grey, black or what. Oh well....I have it now plus all the other interior colors...so if I need to paint anything...no problem! :D

Black99Stage2

Established Member
So the cluster bezel...Which is the plastic piece above ur steering wheel and around your gauges...is painted midnight black?..the vinyl part on top of dash looks black...the plastic pieces look like dark charcoal...

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
No, I painted both my pillar pod and the bezel Midnight Black. I think you are confusing the name of the color. It is actually dark grey which matches the pillars, dash, console etc.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Any need for prep work on the pod? Id imagine if any sanding was done, it would lose the look of the "grain" on the Autometer pillar?

WhippleCharged Sonic

Established Member
Nope. I just applied about 4 thin coats. It drys so quickly you could easily have it done in about an hour or so. I just wiped them down with rubbing alcohol then let them dry, then painted them.

Users who are viewing this thread