AutoX noob...

MachJoe

Established Member
I'm thinking about getting into AutoX. I think it'd be a great experience and help me learn how to drive better. I've tried downloading the rule book online, but it said 'error'. However, I found a SCCA car class guide online and if I did not have 4.10's, I'd be in the class above "Stock", I think it was "STU" class, IIRC. But since I have 4.10's, it puts me at the "Prepared" class, which is 3 or 4 classes away from the highest class...is this right?!?! I'd get my ass kicked... Also, I'm assuming I can't put on my off road X pipe if I autox, correct?

Viking42

Established Member
I'm not sure how your region does it, but here in Central Florida your first few events will be in the novice class, no matter what preparation has been made to the car.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about class too much when you are starting out. Even if you have what you think may be a competitive car, you'll get humbled out there.

MachJoe

Established Member
Starting out I'll be in a Rookie class, but race against other rookies within my class (whatever class that is). I'm not too worried starting out, cause I mostly want to do it for fun and learn how to handle my car better, but I can see myself already getting sucked into the sport lol.

Users who are viewing this thread