[b]3rd Coil Pack And It Still Miss Fires[/b]

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
I have a 2001 lighting and im on the third coil pack in the number1 CYL. My cats were clogged so the dealer ship replaced them. Now there turning purple. I was on the high way and I stomped on it. My RPM got to the shift point about 5500 and then i heard to loud pops like a back fire, the transmision didnt shift so i let off. Ever since the engine has been running as if the coil is bad again. What is causing this to happen and why are the cats turning purple? There are no mods other that the innercooler clean out and oil/sep. Please help. If I cant fix it im going to have to sell it.
Please help me.:bowdown: [

SVT99RED

Established Member
I think the turning purple is just the discoloring of the metal. The loud pop (backfire) type thing you expirenced was the rev limiter and reving too far when you let off the throttle it backfired. The same thing happened to me when I lost the check balls in the transmission it would not shift right into 2nd. I dont know what to say about it not shifting seeing as it is stock. theres only a couple of things that would not let a trans shift could be fluid, check balls, tune ? I had soooo much trouble with coil pack so I broke down and bought aftermarket ones and it cleared up my problem. Also when you change the coil packs change the plugs with them. someone that knows more than me should chime in anytime

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Pic141.jpg

This is the number 1 cyl

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
its blurry but is the best this camera can do. Theres a burn ring around the base of the white. The others don have it!

Users who are viewing this thread