Back in a 95 R!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Well, after a long search I bought my second 95 R. I had traded my original in in '99 for a S351, a big mistake. Last year I bought my 2000 R though it's a great car, I still missed my 95. This is #78, this is the one I posted a link about earlier this year, this car has been raced and has an SCCA legal cage and came with a pick-up truck full of parts. After declining it the first time the owner took it to a speed shop to diagnose the lack of power the stroker motor had. Someone installed the wrong reach plugs and after a good tune it made 313RWHP and 398 RW torque! So I renegotiated the deal and picked the car up today. After a bath and some engine cleaning , it looks pretty good. This is George Biscops (he raced Cobra R's in 95 and 96) street car. I will start sorting it out ASAP if its not at Road America in April, it will be in September. Now my 00R has a pedigree stablemate!

svtguy

Established Member
Terry, congrats on getting the 95R. Of all of the R's, I think the 95's are the toughest looking.

398RWTQ!!!! OH MY, Can you say THROTTLE STEER.

Looks like Brian and Lew Groth have got some competition??

Hope to see it at road america in april.

Paul

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
Well, after a long search I bought my second 95 R. I had traded my original in in '99 for a S351, a big mistake. Last year I bought my 2000 R though it's a great car, I still missed my 95. This is #78, this is the one I posted a link about earlier this year, this car has been raced and has an SCCA legal cage and came with a pick-up truck full of parts. After declining it the first time the owner took it to a speed shop to diagnose the lack of power the stroker motor had. Someone installed the wrong reach plugs and after a good tune it made 313RWHP and 398 RW torque! So I renegotiated the deal and picked the car up today. After a bath and some engine cleaning , it looks pretty good. This is George Biscops (he raced Cobra R's in 95 and 96) street car. I will start sorting it out ASAP if its not at Road America in April, it will be in September. Now my 00R has a pedigree stablemate!

Congraduations, Terry. Can't wait to see it. :beer: :beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Terry,

Congrats man!! Man, I wish I could talk my wife into letting me have another R???? and WOW!! 398 pounds of torque at the wheels!!! :eek: That thing must scream?!!

Dean95CobraR

Established Member

Congrats Terry! I hope you can get it sorted out by Road America. I would love to see it. I'll bet it feels like you're home again.

BTW - Great numbers.:thumbsup:

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I have been checking this thing out, I think its a go for April at RA. This thing has quick release front brake lines! It also has a 10 QT road race oil pan, all steeda suspension including the aluminum rear control arms. Steeda adjustable rear sway bar
The oil looks OK I cut the filter apart, no debris.
Its got hardened rear axles and the front wheel bearings seem good

Its got some sort of special front control arm bushing with zerk fittings. really nice stuff

I talked to the guy who built the motor, its an Eagle crank and rods JE forged pistons, in a Sportsman block. It has the Aluminum GT40 X heads (not crazy about those) with the stock upper intake.

A couple more gallons of Simple Green, a buff, a wax and some new pads and were off to RA!

Hey Dean, It does feel like I'm home again!

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I have been checking this thing out, I think its a go for April at RA. This thing has quick release front brake lines! It also has a 10 QT road race oil pan, all steeda suspension including the aluminum rear control arms. Steeda adjustable rear sway bar
The oil looks OK I cut the filter apart, no debris.
Its got hardened rear axles and the front wheel bearings seem good

Its got some sort of special front control arm bushing with zerk fittings. really nice stuff

I talked to the guy who built the motor, its an Eagle crank and rods JE forged pistons, in a Sportsman block. It has the Aluminum GT40 X heads (not crazy about those) with the stock upper intake.

A couple more gallons of Simple Green, a buff, a wax and some new pads and were off to RA!

Hey Dean, It does feel like I'm home again!

Sounds Great Terry. If you decide to swap out those heads for something else, I might be interested in them. I know there are better flowing heads out there but if the price is right, I'd be more than happy to have them. It would be nice to get some of that weight off the front of the car. :thumbsup:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member

WOW!!:coolman: :thumbsup: That car sounds like a monster! I wish I could bring myself to modify my '95 R this way. Especially the motor.

Stroker Kit? How many cubes are ya runnin' now anyway? Good Luck w/ it!:D

Terry Moenich

Established Member
It's a 383CU. I know what you mean about modifying . I bought this on already violated. My original 95 I didn't evem put frame connectora on it. I plan to keep my 2000 R a virgin, so I'll race this one.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Well Kevin, I think I'm gonna run the 95. The way its set up I think it will out handle the '00 and it is at least as fast, though the dyno number favor the '00 by far in the HP area. I bought the Brembo 2piece drilled rotors for the front of the '00 and Baer drilled and slotted for the rear. In 2 week I am going to RA for the weekend. If this thing run the way I think it will, I'll probably sell the rotors I bought for the '00. I just don't want to have to rebuild that 4 valve motor! the 351 I can do in my sleep.

How can I post photos on this board?

beecha91

Established Member
hey terry, sounds like a nice R you got there, i live about 10 minutes from you, in bartlett, if you ever wanna meet up and show off cars, im down... nice car!

Don-

Users who are viewing this thread