backfire?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Interesting thing happened this morning, on my way to work i noticed after starting the car that it was unusually quite. I looked over everything in the exhaust area and found nothing wrong. SO i proceeded on my way to work (temp was 5* outside)

i got on the highway and noticed my gas mileage was terrible until 5 miles away from work i heard a backfire and then all of the suddent he car responded like it was a raped ape again. Gas mileage was back to normal, car felt really strong as apposed to driving like crap the 20 min prior. What gives? could a rodent or small animal make its way into the muffler for warmth only to be shot out later?

should i get this to the dealer asap or let it go?

Tispho

Established Member
Mechanic won't do anything unless they can duplicate the problem, I would suggest waiting till it happens again.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Bad plug? I had a plug working intermittently on me for awhile on a bike. about the same symptoms. Unburnt fuel could have been building up and when the plug kicked on it burn alot of gas fast making the backfire.

Just a wild shot in the dark, since we cant see or drive the car. i wouldnt worry about it unless it happens again tho.

Users who are viewing this thread