bad experience story with dealer

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
My girlfriend (svtchic) and me have been posting on here about wanting to finance a used 03 and have been asking lots of you about where to find a dealer to get one from and a speed shop after I find a dealer that can do work on it etc etc... I posted in an entry that Framingham Ford told me and my girlfriend that they would be glad to help us and we could "use them as our test drive place" whatever that meant. What happened Sunday wasnt anything like what we were told it would be like by them. This is where I say in advance this was probably up there with one of the WORST EXPERIENCES I have ever had with anyone about cars dealer or not. :cuss:

This is a VERY long post as you can see. Read it when you have the time to follow this drawn out story. Its funny and aggravating but tell me what you think if I have a right to be mad at this person who dealt with us. If you live around here or have been talking/helping me out about things and just want to hear a good story read through this really quick. If you are looking into buying a Cobra like we are this will hopefully make you see what sales people can be like and try to do even though most of us know already. Even though I have been told to go back (by someone else on this website) to the same place to see somebody different other than the person who dealt with us on Sunday I am still going to share what happened. Even though we all have bad stories this might at least give you a laugh if you can follow the whole thing. Here goes...

Sunday after they called us saying that they had the cars we asked about ready to test drive we went over there... A used 03 Cobra and new Mach 1 or GT. First of all they had said it wouldnt be a problem to test drive a Cobra. When we went outside with WALTER who had 3 sets of keys in his hand and who knows nothing about Mustangs at all we found out and like you will after reading the rest of this. Remember the 3 keys for later in the story. He pulls out an automatic GT and I was like what the heck. Yeah my girl wanted to drive a GT or Mach 1 to see what they were like compared to the Cobra but he pulls out this silver auto. So my girl was like whatever no big deal she says she will drive it around, see what its like and then I can drive the Cobra and I was like ok fine (the whole time Walter is listening and says nothing). So we went for a ride and then when we get back we started to get out of the car and he asks "so what do you want to do now" and I said to him that I wanted to drive a Cobra like he said we could the day before, on the phone that morning and when we got there. He then asked “what do you think about the car” like in a way implying or asking us about buying it even though we said nothing about buying a GT even once and even said we wanted to just compare cars so I said. I said I thought it drove like the GT its supposed to be but not the Cobra we want. I was kinda mad at this point and he says to go inside with him and we do WHY I DON’T KNOW. We sit down and talk so he can "figure things out and see what he can do". He gets into this whole stupid ass story about how they dont let people test drive new Cobras and I was like yeah I can understand that but we dont want a new one we said a used one like we have said a dozen times before so lets go drive one. He then went on to say he thought they had one but some other ass that he pointed to in an office had sold it during the week and he didn’t know that until he went to look for the keys for it. He had lost our business right there at that point for lie #1. Because he already had keys with him and didn’t say anything about not driving a Cobra when I asked him when we first got there. He walked away to get us some information about financing and stuff that we had asked for but he left the 3 sets of keys that I had mentioned before that he brought outside with him. I started looking at them. 2 were for GTs that were silver and grey I think it was and the 3rd set is to the Shadow Grey 04 Cobra Vert. It was right in the front line. Why would he says I got the keys lets go outside when we get there and bring 04 Cobra keys but then go on about how he cant put miles on a new one because nobody would buy it :bash: . I was f&cking pissed and my girl had enough by that point too when I held the keys up for her too see.

This is where it gets stupid. He gets back and goes on about how black is a hard color to find and how they might not get one in a while and trys to start explaining stuff about the good deals they have on GT’s and Mach 1’s like $3000 back or some shit like that. I cut him off right after $3000 and was like hold on a second are you kidding me and pulled out my list that I had printed out with production numbers and showed him that 2251 out of the 8394 coupes that were made were BLACK. He kinda looked at me with this face like ‘oh shit I got caught bullshitting someone who doesn’t bullshit’. He tried to backpedal and recover and started to get into this whole thing about how 03’s that are used might not be as reliable as a new one. I said yes and that’s why I would be financing through a SVT dealer like they were so they could check it out before hand and make sure everything was ok. He then brings up warranty crap and how the warranty isn’t that long and we wouldn’t have it for long before it was up. He said he didn’t know how long but knew it wouldn’t be that far away from our purchase date and I said yes I know 3 years is standard and he said yes like he knew that even though he just said he didn’t. I told him that all the warranty problems had better have been fixed before he even thought about selling me a used car even though at that point I was just sitting there to argue and vent and not to talk sales anymore like I said before. Anyways he got really nice when he saw me putting all my papers back in my notebook getting ready to leave and then he has the balls to say “if I find one I will call you” and hands my girlfriend a form to fill out about contact info. I was like wait don’t fill that out and ask him what he thinks he is doing and he said just incase he finds a used 03. I was like why would we do you have not been telling us anything but stories since we got here. He then gives me a folder with his business card and says “if you are going to buy a car I would like you to buy it from me” and smiles. I was like don’t you guys have used car sales staff that deals with just the used cars and I was like whatever nevermind it doesn’t matter. I look at my girlfriend and she not wanting to be rude starts to fill out this form and said ONLY BLACK to her for the 10th time when he ask her if it had to be black. I had enough so I walked over to the Mystichrome and sat in it to chill. I came back when I saw she was done writing and asked her if she was ready to go. He went on AGAIN about how SVT sends “these documents about how you own the Cobra and they contact you every 6 months about the car and how it is doing” etc and he stopped right there. I then asked him how he would know that and why wouldn’t the “documents” as he called them be transferred over to me when I bought the and he said “I don’t know we would have to figure that stuff out”… I was f*cking heated I felt like yelling but was like yeah exactly figure more stuff out you know nothing about why did you even bring that point up if you don’t know anything about “documents” and he didn’t say crap. I picked up my things and started to walk away. My girlfriend shook his hand and followed.

I had told him I didn’t want a FU#KING NEW ONE 10 times because he was obviously putting down buying a used one that bad to get to buy a new one. What crap. We leave and walk outside and to our car. I said hold on a second hun. I walk down the row of Stangs and was like damn and then around the corner to the right and see a 2003 sticker on a BLACK COBRA. I was like I knew it in my head. I walk up to it and was like oh sh^t check it out a used black vert. It had the window sticker which was tapped on the window at an angle and tiny rock marks under the front bumper from normal everyday driving like all of our cars get proving it was USED plus the seats were obviously sat in which you could see through the plastic covers which didn’t say Cobra on it like the new plastic covers said on the 04’s and the last new 03 they had. Oh yeah he also said they didn’t have any new 03’s and they had sold off the last one like 2 months ago even though there is a black vert there that is new. It is right in the middle and it has that timberland boot tan color top and seats and not a black top like most verts do. Never seen that color int/top for the vert looks different and kinda cool.

I don’t know whatever I am done. I didn’t go back inside to point out the car it could have been one that they were working on or one they had just got in but still it was there and looked like it was for sale because the stickers were on it and covers were too. If you have read all of this which I don’t think anyone will because its so long (sorry guys) please tell me what you think. Theres at least five different lies that I remember that I wrote about in here and more that my girlfriend might be able to post about and another five things he said that were bad about used Cobras/black 03’s while knowing that was what I wanted. I am dead tired and have carried on enough about this junk. I would like to point out though that I don’t have enough experience with Framingham Ford to say anything bad about them as a whole so I wont, just the person who dealt with us Walter. We are going to give them one last try by going and talking to a sales person that helped out someone else on here when he was buying one. Trust me I will post again after that happens too and hopefully it will be a good post about how this person is going to find us what we want and get us a good rate and all that stuff which is all that we wanted from the beginning in the first place. If we had got someone who said they would find a used one for us to drive or just to look at then this would have never happened. If anyone else there is like this person I don’t know how they make any money and stay in business. We also wouldn’t have got the first half of our Sunday ruined and the dealership wouldn’t have had to pay that guy for not doing anything but lying and bullshitting us. So if anyone from here works at FF then don’t take this as a negative post about you just about one experience and don’t get mad at me for saying stuff get mad at this guy for wasting the dealerships time and money by going through this whole thing with us and wasting an hour and a half. Should I go back? Should I be mad at FF or just think it was his fault? Do I have the right to be mad at him? What do you think?

Gnite everyone… If I left out anything which cant be possible because I wrote so much my girlfriend will answer questions and post more if she thinks of something. I wasn’t there when I was chilling in the Mystic so maybe she has something to say about what he said to her I know we didn’t talk much about this yet or on the way home because it was too upsetting to talk about then but the guys on here might get a laugh out of it. Thanks for reading this. It helped to vent I was so pissed cant you tell? This is like a freaking essay but whatever take it easy everyone
:sleeping:

SVTChic

DestroySomethingBeautiful
Established Member
WALTER SUX!

Yeah if you ever go to Framingham Ford stay away from Walter. If any of you have seen Office Space he kinda looks like Milten. The stapler guy. Haha! He had no idea what he was talking about. He was trying to sell us a new 04 even though I told him time and time again that we wanted a used 03 BLACK cobra. He kept asking me if it could be any other color. He was sooooo DUMB! And then him trying to sell us the GT... Ugh! He pissed me off. I don't even have anything to really say about him because he was just sooo dumb. He acted like I didn't know anything just because I'm a girl. That pissed me off. Any dealer that is going to treat me different because I'm a girl can kiss my butt. And then them saying that "girls can't drive cobras its a mans car." I will never buy anything from there. They lost out on a customer because they SUCK!

Silver03

Established Member
If I were you, I would go back and talk directly to the Sales Manager, they are the ones that will work the deal for you anyway. When I bought the Cobra I had a salesman, but stood at the sales manager's desk and negotiated directly with him and left the salesman out of it. The dealer probably isnt to blames, like you said they wouldnt be in business if the enitre dealership did business that way. I'd definitely let the sales manager know how bad that guy sucked and make sure that 'Walter' sees you in there buying the car from someone else. Just my opinion.

Silver03

Established Member
Out of curiosity, what was the price on the used black vert that they had? With an x plan, you can probably get close to that price on a new '03, plus get a better rate on a new one opposed to used.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
#1 SVTChic, get rid of thtat honduh :)
#2 Office Space rules!

Generally you can not drive a new cobra unless you are almost done signing the papers. I bought mine 6 months before it showed up. I didn't test drive it until I drove it home. I can tell you if it had more than 10 miles on it I wouldn't of taken delivery of it. If you want to drive one you are going to have to find a used 03.

I told you not to go there. If I were you I would go where they will sell it to you the cheapest. I'm sure you can still get them for less than 30 grand. I would be willing to get on a plane and drive home 1000 miles if it meant saving a few thousand.

The survey the salesman mentioned is true. I've gotten 3 surveys in the mail since I've owned it. I never fill it out because it's a waste of my time but they do send them.

I bought mine from Clair Ford just over the Maine/NH border. It's a 90 minute ride from my house. My salesman name was garry. He was EXCELLENT! I highly reccomend him. I also reccomend Tasca Ford. Their service staff is awesome.

cobra35th

snakebit
Established Member
Well, I read all of your post and I think that the guy is a loser! This Walter guy doesnt need to sell any cars because he is stupid. I would also talk to the sales manager, tell him everything that Walter did, tell him about the 03 that you found on the lot and try and work a deal with him. I would not talk to Walter again, especially since he treated your girl like crap. I feel for ya SVTChic, my wife has been in your shoes, and it pissed me off royally! Threated to buy from another dealer. If I was you, I would try and find another used 03 get a price and take it back to the dealership, and talk the sales manager down on his used 03! Hopefully you can get a really good deal off of it. Good luck guys!

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
I know how you feel! When i was looking for a Mach1 i went to a dealership near my house and the salesman wouldent even come near me because im 19. when i finally got to talk to one he offered me 25,000 +++ and then CAME BACK with 26,000 +++. long story short i went to another dealership and got it for 24,000 +++.

i guess my advice would be if you can throw it in his face by buying from someone else in that dealership...DO IT

good luck
:rockon:

Pale Snake

Established Member
I know the feeling, last october when shopping for a new ride, I was torn between an Azure Mach-1 and an oxford white Cobra, The Mach had about 1700 miles so I figured I'd get a better deal due to it being a Ford dealership. I went and checked out the Cobra first and got a bottom line price in writing. When I went to check the Mach, I heard the sales manager tell the salesperson I must have a friend at the other dealership write the paper up for the Cobra. Needless to say I'm happy with my choice!!

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Damn guys I didnt think anyone would read that because when I was done it was like 5 pages long. Yeah we both realized we were never going to drive a new one but we never asked too because he told us we would be driving a used one that they had you know. But why would he have the keys to the new Cobra vert with him the whole time. We never said anything that indicated that we wouldnt buy a Cobra maybe he just thought that he could turn our plans towards a GT but he dropped the ball on that plan big time. I am going to call him Milty or Hermy if I see him again. He looks like Milton from Office Space you are right hun but the name Herman fits him too lol. I will actually take a quick pic of him next time or maybe even a video pretending to shoot the Cobras lol. Anyways thats it thanks for cheering my ass up everyone I might go back and talk to the sales manager just to tell him what happened or maybe even to talk but we have 3 or 4 places that have been recommended to us by lots of you so we are going to look into that stuff first so FF lost our business it looks like... oh well milty shouldnt think all of us "kids" are dumb and can only drive auto GTs and are stupid enough to buy one from him.

silver10th

Established Member
When I bought my car I had 1 on hold at Jannell, 1 at Rodman and one at 128 Ford.I went into Quirk at literrally 8:45pm on Monday because they told me they would beat the cheapest price i had in my had by $500.So I went down there with a signed paper from Jannell for $31,650.So I get there and a guy named Jason approaches me and says the price right now is $30,900. So i say great lets do it. He goes ok wheres your money? Keep in mind its now 9:00. I go i'll come back tomorrow with a check for everything tax and all. So he says "oh well the pirce goes up to $31,400 tomorrow for you wasting my time." I said excused me and I just lost it on the guy. I said so much stuff that would get me kicked off the site for good that I won't put them up. So i go in the next morning at 9:00 and deal with Nick King wo I have dealt with before.Real good guy. If you have to buy from Quirk talk to him. So we sit down and who happens t be at the desk next to us but Jason. I pretended that i didnt notice him so I told Nick I dealt with this loser named Jason the night before and gave him the whole story. So Nick comes back and says to me I dont work off commission so i dont really care what you pay for this car. So i walked out of there with a silver 10th for just over $28,000 and drove it to Jannell and 128 and collected my deposits.I'd say I got a pretty decent deal since the closest price I got was about $3000 higher and sticker on the car was $36,650. Good luck with your shopping and give Nick at Quirk a call.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Quirk Ford sucks big johnson. Their sales staff and especially their punk ass service manager. I will never bring my car there ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread