bang for buck...nitrous vs converter & gear?

cuzracecar

Established Member
Need some help with my next step guys ,got an auto with bbr stage 2 package (jlt intake,x-pipe,tune) and looking for more. Cars is not a daily driver just a weekend street warriorso with that in mind whats the best bang for the buck: converter with like 410s or just go with nitrous?

casper gt

Established Member
it depends on where your at with the car & how much it sees the track.

nitrous is a good bang for your buck but a 100 shot vs converter/gears will net you simular results at the track.

the downsides? you constantly will be filling the nitrous bottle but it will be a little more fun/usefull on the street.
you'll buy the convert/gears once & never pay again but if you don't have the tires/susp. to lauch the car on the street then they wouln't help much.

not an easy choice by any means.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
my vote is converter. i have a complete nitrous kit sitting in my room for over a year and won't put it on and just wish i had gotten the converter

CharlieR

Established Member
I have both. If for "street" use go for the converter, on the track(with a tire) N2O will easily get you LOW 11's, high 10's. I don't do it but if you spray off the line the Torque will make your converter flash way higher than stock so like PD blowers converters are not 100% needed w/ N2O(unless you're like me and don't spray until 3500rpm).

ebrow21

Established Member
My car went multiple 11.1's @ 123 in the heat, with a 75 shot and some tires. 1.55 60foot. Stock converter, stock gear.

I wouldn't do a gear change either way.

04compgt

Established Member
Do not do a steep gear, that 4th gear change in the 1/4 mile will hurt you more than help you. I am in the process in gearing down to a 3.31 or 3.27 gear due to the 4th gear bogging me down. Also a converter is great if you want to stay n/a and get the best out of your car but a nitrous kit will net you more bang for your buck in the end. I just went 11.44 @ 119.1 in the 1/4 mile n/a with a converter and I still have more room left in it, hoping for low 11's n/a but a nitrous kit will easily get you there.

wnt2gofst

Banned
Convertor period. Nitrous is fun but filling a bottle gets old. I had spray on my G8 and originally planned it for the stang. But a good kit with switches and etc will run you between 1000-1300. Then spray is best with a manor kit another 1200-1500. Then constantly filling bottles and even buying extra bottle or two like should if going to spray during race season gets expensive. You could just save the money and get a blower and never worry about empty or low bottles.

from the famous tapatalk.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
nitrous and converter.... i know that wasn't the 1 of the 2 options you gave us, but this will net you the best results...... BY FAR!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread