Barton Shifter Question

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
Is the Barton Shifter more notchy then the steeda tri-ax? I shorter throw? My reason for asking is im having problems goin from 2nd to 5th at the track lol...but it might just be me lol...My steeda feels more rubbery, Ive heard the barton is a nice piece

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
That sounds like a technique problem to me. You should press up on the shifter using the base of your palm. The shifter is gated to go into third from second. If you're trying to move the shifter over to get into third then you run the risk of hitting fifth.

Watch how this guy goes into third [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uEgBr-9RaM"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Steeda Shifter Test[/nomedia]

As for how the Barton feels, I dunno. I'm waiting on MGW.

snkchmr 1

I love my Barton shifter you just have to make certain you have the shift boot on correctly.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
The barton is very nice, almost clicks into the next gear. weird to explain but u def know where the shifter went. only bitch i have is reverse is harder to get into. It is getting easier the more i drive it. idk if im getting used to it or it is. It is a little louder then stock but i dont mind at all.

the bracket was a life saver. feeling the different between the stock and barton... its insane. the stock is like a marshmellow and the barton is more like poly. makes a huge difference on slicks from a dig when the drive train is tq'd over. You can actually get to the next gears.

id recommend it.

Screamin 40th

♪♫♫♪♪♫
Established Member
The barton is very nice, almost clicks into the next gear. weird to explain but u def know where the shifter went. only bitch i have is reverse is harder to get into. It is getting easier the more i drive it. idk if im getting used to it or it is. It is a little louder then stock but i dont mind at all.

the bracket was a life saver. feeling the different between the stock and barton... its insane. the stock is like a marshmellow and the barton is more like poly. makes a huge difference on slicks from a dig when the drive train is tq'd over. You can actually get to the next gears.

id recommend it.

As far as the reverse problem goes, it might be an installation issue. Check out the second review for this product at American Muscle.

Users who are viewing this thread