Bassani is installed.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Just finished installing the Bassani exhaust in the R. The fitt and finish is sure nice, but it sure is loud. :D I am killing time till me wife comes home so I can turn the kids over to her and go for a ride. I can hardly contain myself in anticipation for the drive.

Later, Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
I took it for a ride and about the main difference other than sound was that the engine seemed to rev faster. This is only the third time driving the R this year so I don't believe I am as tuned to the increase in power as someone who drives their car more. I am satisfied with the upgrade and would deffinatly do it again.

It was kinda funny. I finally took it to my parents house and let my dad drive it. He was a hotrodder back in the sixties, and turned to me after doing a very aggresive acceleration test:) and said, "I thought it was going to pull the front wheels off the ground". Just kinda hit me funny, but he was impressed.

Brian

kevin

brian, do an aggressive standing start in one, then the other. you'll feel the difference.

i let my 22 yr old daughter drive mine at the tulsa race track (novice group with me in the car). she had a blast. didn't take off as fast as i, but i had her hold off on braking till very late (for her). she loved it.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Cobra-R

Established Member
Thats a good idea, Kevin. When the new one gets here tuesday or wednesday I will do the comparison.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Tim,
dads big drag car was a 63 Impala with a 425hp 409 cid 4 speed. He was pretty well known for his shifting ability. I still get people that bring up my dads drag racing ability to this day.

Brian

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
"She's real fine my 409"
And what ever happened to the old Impala?
The R is a whole diferent beast huh? :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
I would guess the R is alot lighter than the old beasts they drove back then. I believe he ran 13.5's completly stock. so the R would probly feel quicker.

Brian

kevin

back in high school (seems like yesterday) i had a chevy biscuine(sp) with a 327 4bbl, state police engine,trany, suspension. i bought it at a state police auction. i would agree the car was probably heavier, certainly less aerodynamic, BUT. there's nothing like the feel and sound of a 4bbl opening up under full throttle. oh, the good ole days. but i appreciate the old carb style AND the new tech of the 00r.

enjoy car power wherever, whenever.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Just finished installing the Bassani exhaust in the R. The fitt and finish is sure nice, but it sure is loud. :D I am killing time till me wife comes home so I can turn the kids over to her and go for a ride. I can hardly contain myself in anticipation for the drive.

Later, Brian
Brian,

Is the Bassini exhaust (I assume you also installed the new Hi-Flow CATs?) that much louder than the stock setup?? Do you have the street version or the track version? I called Tommy Vaughn in Houston today and they have the hi-flow cats in stock and are expecting a shipment of the catback exhausts in about a week. Sounds like total cost is around $1000.00 or so, plus installation? does that sound about right?

by the way, do you have a sound clip you could send me via email? with the new exhaust installed?

Thanks!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Bassani is installed.

Originally posted by Andy M
Brian,

Is the Bassini exhaust (I assume you also installed the new Hi-Flow CATs?) that much louder than the stock setup?? Do you have the street version or the track version? I called Tommy Vaughn in Houston today and they have the hi-flow cats in stock and are expecting a shipment of the catback exhausts in about a week. Sounds like total cost is around $1000.00 or so, plus installation? does that sound about right?

by the way, do you have a sound clip you could send me via email? with the new exhaust installed?

Thanks!

Andy,
Yes, I installed the cat system, not the off road like Paul(svtguy). I do believe the R is alot louder with the new system. It is slightly louder at idle, but a quit a bit louder on acceleration. I do not have a sound clip nor do I know how to do it, but with JoeJ so close to you, I would check his out if you are concerned about it.

I paid about 1200 for my system with shipping and everything, but installed it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread