Bassani mid length regrets?

Any guys running Bassani mid lengths regret going with them? Any leaking issues rearing their ugly head after some time? Disappointed with how it changed the sound of your exhaust note?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I've had mine on for several yeas now. No complaints. Great sound. no leaks. good ground clearance. I have the stainless catted x pipe. I have the metal substrate cats, so no worries about the cats going bad.

I've had mine on for several yeas now. No complaints. Great sound. no leaks. good ground clearance. I have the stainless catted x pipe. I have the metal substrate cats, so no worries about the cats going bad.

A shorty mid pipe is needed or can use the standard X pipe that bolts to the stock manifolds? Also you noticed your exhaust to be significantly louder?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have run them for a year with the 5pc catted x and bassani SS catback. I think it sounds awesome and pretty loud at WOT.

you need the shorty

Alex

Last edited:

RedfireSVT

Established Member
A shorty mid pipe is needed or can use the standard X pipe that bolts to the stock manifolds? Also you noticed your exhaust to be significantly louder?

i have full bassani exhaust and love it, never had any leaks or issues at all with the headers. i like the bassani catted mid-pipe because it comes with the tubes that allow me to remove the cats if i want to (which i did). right now i'm running the mid length headers, ss x-pipe without the cats and the ss catback with the baffles removed and it is loud but it sounds great.

BBCOBRA

Established Member

Mine is the standard 5 piece x pipe. It bolts to the stock maifolds.

Mine opens up at WOT but is not that loud when driving normal. Definately quieter than most. But that may be due to my magnaflow catback. It is one of the more quiet cat backs. Just right IMO.

Mine is the standard 5 piece x pipe. It bolts to the stock maifolds.

Mine opens up at WOT but is not that loud when driving normal. Definately quieter than most. But that may be due to my magnaflow catback. It is one of the more quiet cat backs. Just right IMO.

Wait, so you use the standard x pipe with the mid lengths? I'm confused as another poster in this thread reported that he had to get a shorty x pipe. :shrug: I have their standard x pipe too.

Also I appreciate all the replies fellas. :beer: I feel more at peace about going with the mid lengths now. My main concern was fitment issues and them leaking in t he future.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Wait, so you use the standard x pipe with the mid lengths? I'm confused as another poster in this thread reported that he had to get a shorty x pipe. :shrug: I have their standard x pipe too.

Also I appreciate all the replies fellas. :beer: I feel more at peace about going with the mid lengths now. My main concern was fitment issues and them leaking in t he future.

The 5 piece Bassani Xpipe is used. The headers come with adapters to fit.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
The 5 piece X pipe everyone is talking to is used for BOTH stock manifolds and Midlength headers. Because it is 5 piece, it is modular and you just remove the pieces of pipe on each side and it will fit the mid length. The mid pipe itself comes with adapters to fit the stock logs.

If you are asking if a normal UPR pipe or something like that will work, then the answer is NO.

Also, I went with REMFLEX gaskets and they work great! If you get them, make sure you tell them it is for Bassani headers, which their gaskets are different than ones for stockers.

Last edited:

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I don't have any regrets. Love the sound at wot and not extremely loud at idle or under 3k. I also went with the reflex gaskets and have 0 issues with leaks. No cats here either.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Do they have any noticeable (in feel, or by dyno) increase in power over the stock manifolds, or are they merely an improvement in sound? I ask because I have had a brand new set sitting on the shelf for awhile now, and I had contemplated selling them, since I like the way my car sounds now, and with the Whipple it makes good power, so I'm not sure if it's worth all of the trouble to install them if they make the car a bit louder, but don't add to the power. Thoughts?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have never had them on the before and after dyno. I would assume that they flow tons better than the stock logs for better breathing for the whipple. Plus, they don't hang low and quite frankly look good under there.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I've been considering getting a set myself. It's either these or a set of longtube headers. I like the clearance these provide though.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have never had them on the before and after dyno. I would assume that they flow tons better than the stock logs for better breathing for the whipple. Plus, they don't hang low and quite frankly look good under there.

That was my assumption as well, but I was curious if anyone had any concrete data that they actually increase power. In theory, better flow should equate to more power, but it would be nice to see if anyone actually did some testing to confirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread