Bassani X-Pipe

BMiller270

Established Member
Hey everybody. Just wanted to know if anybody is running the Bassani X-Pipe that you can swap out cats for straight pipes? I want to do the catted Bassani with Borla Stingers, and just came across this one where I can switch the stuff out. U think I should pay the extra money and get the swapping one, or should I just stay with the catted one? I just want to make sure there is no problems that anybody has had with this one u can switch. Thank you all in advance for the answers.

Here are the 2 I am thinking about.

Catted:
Bassani 2003 Cobra Composite X-Pipe w/Cats [BAS-BX46033] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Catted with Flow Tubes:
Bassani 2003 Cobra Stainless X-Pipe w/Cats + Off-Road Flow Tubes [BAS-46033] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Its up to you if you want to switch out the straight pipes or not. I have the 5 piece with Borla Stinger catback, and just switched out the cats to straight pipes. With this kit i can go back and forth when I please.. Just depends if you want to spend more money.

greengt88

Established Member
i have this same x-pipe, i have weld in flowmasters now, tried it off-road style and it sounded like a$$. put the cats in now its smooth and clean. It's also too quiet, whats the best sounding muffler for this x?? flows obviously sound bad. was thinking the borla, but it doesn't sound too good off road either. any suggestiions? i like MAC but it may be too loud. and catback fitment sux. bassani sounds weird, slp = doo doo. magnaflow too quiet.... don't want a new x and don't want longtubes. thoughts...

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
catted bassani x and borla stinger catback ftw! best sounding combo on a 4v imo. but i may be a little biased lol

jf4boogie

Established Member
i have this same x-pipe, i have weld in flowmasters now, tried it off-road style and it sounded like a$$. put the cats in now its smooth and clean. It's also too quiet, whats the best sounding muffler for this x?? flows obviously sound bad. was thinking the borla, but it doesn't sound too good off road either. any suggestiions? i like MAC but it may be too loud. and catback fitment sux. bassani sounds weird, slp = doo doo. magnaflow too quiet.... don't want a new x and don't want longtubes. thoughts...

see below!

catted bassani x and borla stinger catback ftw! best sounding combo on a 4v imo. but i may be a little biased lol

This sounds like the combo that you are looking for:rockon: G/L!

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I used to have one of those before I installed my headers. I was worried that I'd never get the setup apart once it had been on the car for a while. But once I removed it from the car, everything came apart with a few taps from a rubbet mallet...:beer:

spidartanks

Established Member
i am going to order the catted one with the option to remove for straight pipes.

but i want to know: IS there a BIG difference between the catted and the O/R version?
is there any power gains also? just curious?
i also have Borla stingers and love them, its not very loud though with the stock H pipe so i'd like it a little louder!

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
i am going to order the catted one with the option to remove for straight pipes.

but i want to know: IS there a BIG difference between the catted and the O/R version?
is there any power gains also? just curious?
i also have Borla stingers and love them, its not very loud though with the stock H pipe so i'd like it a little louder!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRS-PUoI8I"]YouTube- Mach1 Mustang, 04Mach1Blurr; The New Compilation[/nomedia]

I have the bassani catted (cattless right now) X pipe with the removable cats (5 piece kit) with the Borla Stinger catback. Its definately loud, but sounds great. And there is definately a difference between the catted and cattless x pipe. Cattless is raspier, but not killer. With the O/R, its supposed to bump your hp up some, but to me it feels like i have less pull when going W/O (N/A ofcourse) But more hp, less feeling of torque, but thats okay, because it still gets up and goes damn well..

Get it

04Mach1Blurr

Established Member
Oh an do urself a favor and put anti seiz on everything that connects, cats, pipes, bolts, trust me it will make it easier to swap stuff out, I had my catts basically self weld themself in, but got them out with a little rubber mallot and some pulling. no problem

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
As for power differences of cats or o/r, here is from Bassani's website:

STREET or OFF-ROAD… If you are upgrading the exhaust system on your vehicle, we recommend using our Power X Crossovers or Y-Pipe crossovers pipes with catalytic converters. Bassani only uses premium cats and all factory emissions connections are retained. Compared to the off-road crossover pipe without cats, there is virtually no difference in power output. So for street use, crossovers with catalytic converters are definitely the way to go.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
no cats

im about to get a cobra inspected/emissions that im buying, bbk longtube headers and bassani system all the way back, no cats... it shouldnt have any problem passing emissions right? im not super knowledgable about sports cars, i have a pretty good idea about generals but not specifics. a friend of mine also asked about catalytic converters... being on the car?

Cars check engine light does not come on and has been tuned, i assumed that would take care of any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread