Battery Relocation Kit Installed

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Battery relocation kit went in yesterday...It's a sweet setup...Taylor Vertex kit...install by XMP...

Eric welds the studs to the trunk floor after prepping the metal...then just cuts one hole in the carpet for each one and places the box on top of the carpet...one hole to route the two cables and the vent hose....nice clean look...much better than any of the other jobs I have seen ;-)

attachment.php

As long as I have room for a bag or two for a Vegas trip I'm good :D ...The particle board is cut just to the left of the box so you have easy access to the spare

attachment.php

Hard to tell from this angle...but the battery area is nice and clean...no taped up wires or ghetto job...it looks like nothing was ever there...

This of course is where my custom XMP coolant res will go when my blower goes in :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Last edited:

ZX2Down

Established Member
WOW that looks good, I'd get something painted on the box to make it look a lil better, seems a lil plain but VERY clean

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I think it looks Perfect :thumbsup:

Althought a nice sticker on it would be cool :shrug: Say XMP on it?

Damn Cam....all the work to ur car & what about Gill? What does she get? Only Jack? :p

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
HEY... You stole my trunk!:bash: Thats the same setup as mine, it's a nice kit, looks great! I wonder if the welded studs would be legal??? I don't know that they are as strong as being through the floor with washers. Just make sure(not sure it would pass a drag tech). If so, sweet. Enjoy. Now you are 1 step closer to

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
No cutoff switch...not planning on drag racing this car...:nonono:

The welds look solid...surface prepped first, then a good weld...washers and nuts tightened down onto the tray, then through the battery hold down and again on the the lid....it's solid...:thumbsup:

I wouldn't even consider painting it...it may not be visible in the pics, but it has a nice brushed aluminum finish that compliments the billet pieces, fuel door, etc very nicely... :-D

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
I agree, if your not dragin' then it's fine. The welds are a cool much easier way to do it. They drilled holes and dropped the tank 4 mine. Way more complicated then necessary!

David, :idea:
Think scratchers, lots and lots of scratchers. All those $1 and $2 add up to big winnings

:beer:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Road Racin'
I wonder if the welded studs would be legal??? I don't know that they are as strong as being through the floor with washers. Just make sure(not sure it would pass a drag tech). If so, sweet. Enjoy.
Hey Trevor...

Juan/Sonic Venum asked Eric at XMP about it...he said they are good to go... :thumbsup:

So if I change my mind about hittin' the strip :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread