BBK Shorty Headers now available for 2011 GT

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm even more interested in seeing what their long tubes are going to do.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

It would nice if bassani or someone would make 13/4 shorties. My old school 5.0 (347) was turning 9s with them. Long tubes make alot of pwr but also make the cabin so much louder for an everyday car.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Why is everyone so quick to replace the factory tube headers?? That's a very expensive and labor intensive way to only gain 10/15 hp tops.

Just dump the cats and be done. JMO

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
BBK Shorty Tuned Length Headers on special at BrothersPerformance.com for Ford Mustang V8 2011

"Initial testing is showing gains around 14hp with the high flow after cat X pipe"

Hard choice to make..

PITA install for Shorty headers plus the cost of an after cat xpipe, or an Offroad x-pipe that is easier to install for the same horsepower?

I'm wondering how hard the install will be for the shorty headers on the 5.0. :shrug:

14 HP with aftercat, so what will that be with no cats?

Last edited:

2013Boss302

Established Member
It would nice if bassani or someone would make 13/4 shorties. My old school 5.0 (347) was turning 9s with them. Long tubes make alot of pwr but also make the cabin so much louder for an everyday car.

bassani will soon be putting prototype headers on my car to go with the rest of thier setup. i will let you know when the process starts!

Erick

Established Member

+2
It doesn't make sense to replace a factory tube shorty with another shorty. For the trouble you may as well go long tube.

BTW, does anyone know if long tubes need to be removed for clutch/tranny service?

FormulaFord

Established Member
The factory headers look like well thought out pieces. I would be interested to see the hp difference from just a header change. I bet its not much.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
"Initial testing is showing gains around 14hp with the high flow after cat X pipe"
know what that tells me? these headers don't do shit, and they are tossing on extra parts to make the gains look "good". maybe 5HP, nothing more than that.

WASTE! save your money for, long tubes, a full exhaust w/ LTs, or a header back exhaust. the stock headers would absolutely be the LAST thing i would replace on the exhaust side.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

What it comes down to is every last bit of pwr. Would I change the headers yes if it makes more pwr under the curve. It's all about money and what you want to spend. I never changed the factory manifolds on my 03 cobra and it was fasssssssst!!! KB with juice!! :banana:

FormulaFord

Established Member
know what that tells me? these headers don't do shit, and they are tossing on extra parts to make the gains look "good". maybe 5HP, nothing more than that.

WASTE! save your money for, long tubes, a full exhaust w/ LTs, or a header back exhaust. the stock headers would absolutely be the LAST thing i would replace on the exhaust side.

Couldn't agree more! Even the long tubes seem only to post results with either a CAI & Tune or High flow cats or both.

Users who are viewing this thread