bbk x-pipe w/ flowmasters

98riceater

Established Member
i just installed my bbk x-pipe yesterday and it sounds real raspy with the 2 chamber flowmasters. i was wondering what the best sounding muffler would be to put with the x-pipe.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Welcome to the site!:thumbsup:

I would try MAC. It's reasonably cheap and doesn't sound raspy at all. The only bad thing I can say is it drones a little too much at around 2100rpm, but otherwise it sounds great. :burnout:

nicetry

Established Member
sound is a personal thing and can only be judged by your own personal tastes. the likes of others might help or hurt you deside, so hear is mine:
I personal love the way Bassani and magnaflows sound, mostly with a complete system ie headers and all, in second gear, about 4800 rpm. man what a beautiful note! i am the type of guy that likes my cars to sound mean, clean and low key. i do not like a system that will wake the dead, like 40 series flowmasters, dont get me wrong, theres always room for a "Flowed" 5.0 in my life,
man i must be getting old or something....
:beer:
Jr
PS: the mac pro chamber..... totally the shat!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by nicetry
sound is a personal thing and can only be judged by your own personal tastes. the likes of others might help or hurt you deside, so hear is mine:
I personal love the way Bassani and magnaflows sound, mostly with a complete system ie headers and all, in second gear, about 4800 rpm. man what a beautiful note! i am the type of guy that likes my cars to sound mean, clean and low key. i do not like a system that will wake the dead, like 40 series flowmasters, dont get me wrong, theres always room for a "Flowed" 5.0 in my life,
man i must be getting old or something....
Jr

You are exactly right. We can only recommend what we like or have. Sound is very subjective. What I like some people might hate, visa versa. I personally heard a Mac exhaust and loved it, so that's what made me decide.:beer:

nicetry

Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
You are exactly right. We can only recommend what we like or have. Sound is very subjective. What I like some people might hate, visa versa. I personally heard a Mac exhaust and loved it, so that's what made me decide.:beer:
the mac stuff sounds real good also, and i have sold/installed
several, they just don't do it for me though on my car.
if you really think about it, there is only one type of muffler that really sounds like shat on a mustang or anything else for that matter: glasspacks(sic)
I disbelieve in them so much, we will not sell nor will we install them on a mustang.
Jr
FTP

98riceater

Established Member
thanks guys for the info. i guess i should have been more specific with the sound that i wanted. i want a deep soothing v8 sound. the flowmasters are just to loud and raspy. i had a mac 3inch cat-back w/ bbk o/r h-pipe on my 96 cobra and loved it. i know the sound of a x-pipe is different from that of a h-pipe. so i was just getting some other suggestions before i went with the mac's.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I don't know if you've ever heard a Mac prochamber but it sounds similar to an o/r h-pipe (but a little quieter) but has the power/performance benefits of an x-pipe.

Make sure you let us know how it goes man!:beer:

98riceater

Established Member
well the x-pipe is already on my car so i have to stick with it. oh any suggestions on timing setting on the steeda timing adjuster. i am buy my buddies this weekend.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by 98riceater
well the x-pipe is already on my car so i have to stick with it. oh any suggestions on timing setting on the steeda timing adjuster. i am buy my buddies this weekend.
12 degrees is pretty stable. Anything past 14-15 degrees may start detonation. Factory on my '01 GT was set at 10 I believe.

If you are going to install it, make sure it is aligned properly, or you may think you have it set at 12, but could be at 17. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread