Best CAI

jam2u

Established Member
Anyone have suggestions for the best CIA for a 94-95 5.0? I gotta get rid of that K&N FIPK. Thanks!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
What looks the best or works the best? The best looking are the chrome bbk or mac cold air kits. The best working is just to remove your air silencer and run a K&N or find a CAI kit with plastic hosing.

VETTKLR

Established Member
The FIPK isn't doing you any good??? I thought those things were the best of the best in Cold Air Induction?

I think any CAI that puts the filter in the fenderwell is good to go.

Mikey01GT

Established Member
Here is the way I see it. To me they all do the same thing. I would just get one that looks good. You really wont feel any change in hp with one either. I've had them all, MAC, BBK and so on. I finally went with the C&L kit (80mm maf, inlet tube, and K&N) only because I was on the hose.

jam2u

Established Member
The reason I am ditching the K&N FIPK is because the setup puts the filter in line with the serpentine belt and I had my A/C compressor go out and it threw all of the oil in it on the battery, hood, and the filter...which was a job to clean. And more recently after i cleaned it it has turned BLACK from dirt/oil/ect. incredibly fast (5000 miles) which means it is doing its job, but I want a kit that will put the filter back in the fenderwell so that it will stay cleaner longer. I don't live in an unusually dusty environment or anything. Any thoughts anyone? I suspect my front seal might be slowly leaking oil.

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
I have an Apten,which I think is the cleanest looking and I happen to believe it does as good job as any of them,but I am not sure if it would work on your car or they even make one for it.
The best thing to do is contact Brian at Apten performance. Anyway here's a pic of it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread