Best Mods for Automatic Mach 1?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Just wondering what the best mods and chips are going to be for the automatic Mach's.

I am thinking of whatever CIA is going to work good with the Shaker.....4.10 gears....and I am thinking Diablosport is going to be the best bet for changing timing,rpm,fuel and tranny calibrations.

I want to try and keep the stock exhaust if I can. I like the way they sound stock.

Hopfully I can get this car in the mid to low 13's. That will keep me happy for awhile. Be a cool bracket car at the Ford Events.

Thanks guys,
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
I agree on all points except the exhaust...but I do remember saying that I liked the stock exhaust, too...:rollseyes

I would do subframes as well...:thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Oh & why not play with the Nitrous on this car as well ;-)

Did u sell that as well with the Cobra?
:cryying: cant believe it still.

But i agree the Mach1 is an eye catcher still. :beer:
Oh & the Interior is so much better looking :D

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Oh & why not play with the Nitrous on this car as well ;-)

Did u sell that as well with the Cobra?
:cryying: cant believe it still.

But i agree the Mach1 is an eye catcher still. :beer:
Oh & the Interior is so much better looking :D

LOL!!! :lol: I know..I cant believe it either....and yes...the way my 03 sat, is how I sold her to Daryl in Hawaii. Juice and all..plus all the original equipment.

You are right on the Mach interior...Ford did a great job on that. And the Shaker is addictive :D

Harry

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
http://www.converter.com/stallion.htm

Here ya go killer. Single best mod for an Auto.

4.30s+3500-3800stall+Performance Valvebody+Slicks/Skinnies+Exhaust+CAI+Chip=11sec capability

Oh no....I can hear my brain ordering parts already :D

Why oh why did you have to tell me this!! :burnout:

Hot Rod(let the mods begin)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

PS. Since I do most of all the work on my own cars...I think I will wait for this hot sticky weather to be over with before I mod. Old age is setting in :D

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
We are fabricating up a CAI now. With the prototype cai, our chip and Borla stinger exhaust our one test car has gone 12.79. So these basic mods really woke the car up. The exhaust is still using the stock cat pipe. We are prototyping a new upper intake with a new throttle body. This should really help the breathing above 5,000 rpm. 4.10 gears and suspension go in next week. Should see a nice improvement with these mods.

Rick :beer:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
http://www.converter.com/stallion.htm

Here ya go killer. Single best mod for an Auto.

4.30s+3500-3800stall+Performance Valvebody+Slicks/Skinnies+Exhaust+CAI+Chip=11sec capability

The Stallion convertor is awesome in these cars. We have 2 made for us now. One is 3200 stall for lightly modified cars and the other is 3600 stall. The secrete to making these heavy cars move is the torque multiplier in the convertor. Instead of doing a shift kit we have drop in valve bodies. We offer three different ones. We offer three different ones. One dramatically improves shifting, the secound has a transbrake, the third has a transbrake and is full manual shifting.

4.30's or 4.10's is the only way to go. We also are doing some new things to the suspension on the auto cars to get them to 60 ft much better.

Rick

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
We are fabricating up a CAI now. With the prototype cai, our chip and Borla stinger exhaust our one test car has gone 12.79. So these basic mods really woke the car up. The exhaust is still using the stock cat pipe. We are prototyping a new upper intake with a new throttle body. This should really help the breathing above 5,000 rpm. 4.10 gears and suspension go in next week. Should see a nice improvement with these mods.

Rick :beer:

Looking forward to this stuff coming available.

cmylxgo

Established Member
4.30s, Valve Body, and a Converter. The converter is going in tomorrow and I'll let you know how it feels.

If you are going to keep the car N/A and want to go fast I would go with 4.56s and have the car tuned to 6500rpm. I made peak HP at 6500 with my auto.

-Corey

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
My Cousin, just bought himself a Mach 1 and was asking me what type of mods he could do to his ride. His Mach is an automatic, I was telling him to go with 3:73's, torque converter and a shift kit. He wouldn't be taking his car to strip or anything like that. He just wants it faster than what it already is. What do you guys recomend. The reason I told him 3:73's is because he doens't want the car to wast a ton of gas.

cmylxgo

Established Member
3.73s are a waste of time since the Mach comes with 3.55s stock. Do not put anything less than 4.10s in the car. Read my above post.

-Corey

Bandicoot

Established Member
Hey Corey, I've seen ya on the Mach1Registry forum and have read all about your car. I really LOVE the dyno video you have with just the exhaust, chip, and filter setup. That Bassani sounds great compared to the stock exhaust!

How much are you looking at for the 4.30's, Convertor, and valve thing? Also, what does CAI stand for? Sorry, I'm a newbie to this stuff. :bash: :??:

Bandicoot

Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
No problem...:p Congrats on your new ride...you are going to love it...:rockon:

Don't know if you know, but that same night I hydroplaned and crashed my car. :cryying:

Will not be able to drive her for a few weeks. Hopefully will get the insurance thing settled on monday. As mentioned on the registry, these cars are sleds!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread