Best o/r h-pipe?

hobbstc

Established Member
Hey ya'll. I've got a VRS x-pipe on my 97 and it seems to hang a little low. It also doesn't really fit in the transmission tunnel and to me doesn't sound touhg enough, so I'm looking at getting an h-pipe. What's the best h-pipe for our cars right now? I'm looking at BBK and MAC. Thanks!

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Even though I don't own a Cobra, I DO have a MAC off-road H-pipe on my GT.

The quality of the part was perfect, shape and size lined up nicely w/ the underside of the car. It even has a pipe for the air pump which lined up perfectly. It mated up perfectly w/ the stock headers and Flowmaster cat-back. Oh, and it sounds bad-ass.

So overall, yes, I would recommend Mac. Only downside is that it is NOT stainless steel, so it could eventually rust.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Bassani makes high quality exhaust products. They are more expensive than most other competitors, but their stuff is top notch.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Bassanni does not make an hpipe. You cant go wrong with either one performance wise. I had a MAC and it lasted all of 4 months before it rusted off :(

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Yeah, I know, but Bassani's stuff is better than most stuff out there and it sounds real good too. I couldn't get the MAC x-pipe to fit on my 94, I don't know how their h-pipe works. I had been real happy with their cat-back and decided to get the x-pipe....what a joke. It hit in three different places and I had to grind open the flange holes. I had a BBK off-road h-pipe on before the Bassani x-pipe that held up very well.

skeeweezer

Established Member
I am going with the bassani mid-length headers and the X-pipe. Does anyone have the same on a 96-2002 cobra? How does it sound and how much did it help out?

Bri'sMystic965

Established Member
Thomas,

How you been partner?

I had an off road X on my 96 before I found the sound I was looking for. You will definitely like the sound of the H pipe (deep and rich). FWIW, I'd look at the BBK too.

Good luck,
Brian

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
My brother-in-law also has a 96 Cobra with the Bassani x pipe and it gets old after a while(especially if you got gears).I prefer the sound of an H-pipe..I have a Mac and it works and fit great....No salt during winter in my area....lol....

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous
Yeah, I know, but Bassani's stuff is better than most stuff out there and it sounds real good too. I couldn't get the MAC x-pipe to fit on my 94, I don't know how their h-pipe works. I had been real happy with their cat-back and decided to get the x-pipe....what a joke. It hit in three different places and I had to grind open the flange holes. I had a BBK off-road h-pipe on before the Bassani x-pipe that held up very well.

It also cost twice as much, but I agree its quality stuff.

hobbstc

Established Member
Originally posted by Bri'sMystic965
Thomas,

How you been partner?

I had an off road X on my 96 before I found the sound I was looking for. You will definitely like the sound of the H pipe (deep and rich). FWIW, I'd look at the BBK too.

Good luck,
Brian

Hey Brian,

Yeah, I just ordered a "take-off" BBK h-pipe from Brothers. It was $95 shipped. I'm gonna try it for a while. I'm hoping it'll sound sweet with the Spintechs. The x just doesn't quite do it for me. I'll keep you all updated.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread