Best performance "package" for a stock 7.3...?

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Hey guys,
I just got a '99 F-350, bone stock with only 38,000 on the clock. I was thinking about getting the "stage III" performance pack from RPM Outlet. It comes with a choice of intake, tuner, and exhaust. I was planning on the S&B intake/filter kit, the Diablo preditor tuner, and the 4" turbo back exhaust. I'm not trying to turn this thing into a race truck, I've got a race car for that. I would really just like to get a little more power and better mileage. Any other places I should check out? Also, any other suggestions on mods that will help it to get the best mileage possible would be great.

Thanks,
Jason

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Also another quick qestion... I've got a factory tech vavle body that was for the Lightning, would this be a good mod for the PSD, since they both have the 4R100? I know they sell the line valves and I heard these are better for the tranny on the Lightning, but haven't heard about using it in a PSD. Any advice on this would be great.

Thanks!

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Can't help you on any auto trans. stuff, but I'm not a fan of oiled gauze filters on turbo'd motors that see ANY dirt. Alot of people swear by them, but I won't have em. You can do pricing around, I have a predator for my stroker and it has been great, and some off-brand 4-inch. Just do some looking around for good pricing. for warantee and such related stuff I would not buy tuners off of ebay. Just a suggestion though. Check out some other diesel forums, most of the site sponsors give a pretty decent deal.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Hi,

If I was you I would look into the SCT Xcalibrator II. That is what I am using on my 6.0 and it is crazy. I smoke like a freight train and can run with just about any import around my area. I ordered my tuner from www.innovativediesel.com. I order theirs with the optional "extreme power files." I just got my truck dynoed with the mods in my sig and I put down 452rwhp and 799rwtq. Im not trying to get you to change your mind, just alittle insight on what I have and love. Just thought you would like to know about it.

Last edited:

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Thanks alot for the imput! I've been hearing good things about the SCT tuners from others. I was thinking about the preditor since I have one for the Lightning and really liked it.

Jason

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
vwjunkie53 said:
Thanks alot for the imput! I've been hearing good things about the SCT tuners from others. I was thinking about the preditor since I have one for the Lightning and really liked it.

Jason

Ya, like I said Im not trying to change your mind or anything, but from personal experience the SCT is truly great. Just like you said about your Predator. But I think that now a days either one is going to be more than enough...that is until you start throwing a new turbo, injectors, and nitrous at it:pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread