-Best place to get new alcantara/seats?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Hi all,

I've got an 03' Cobra Vert, tan (parchmant) top with black and parchmant interior
The alcantara is starting to "marble up" a bit...getting those fuzzies (can't think of another way to describe it?!) all over it and frankly not looking to good.
Interestingly, the black leather on the seats looks like it's holding up pretty well.

Wheres the best place to get new covers?

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
TMI from what I've seen here, and why have I not seen your car around KC?! Haha I'm Redfire with Parchment top/seats so I have a soft spot for it

Last edited:

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Hi Mark, thanks for the link...so it looks like $1700+ for a full set of covers? Since I've not looked into these before, I can't say if that's a good deal or not but certainly a start! Thanks!

RichM1983

Established Member
Take some really fine sandpaper to the material. I think 2000 grit. Do some searching on here and you will find the proper recommendation. It really does make a huge difference.

97StangSVT

Established Member
Take some really fine sandpaper to the material. I think 2000 grit. Do some searching on here and you will find the proper recommendation. It really does make a huge difference.

Yes, use 2000 grit and sand the fuzzies off the seat. Works perfectly.

RichM1983

Established Member
Trust me. I used the sandpaper. It works like a charm. I guarantee it is the best way to make it nice without replacing it. I wish I had taken before and after shots to prove how well it works. If you search there are threads out there.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Umm...ok. I'm amazed but I gotta say, the 1000 grit sandpaper worked liked advertised! Wow! Took my time, and it turned out way better than I thought! What a great lil' trick...

RichM1983

Established Member
Umm...ok. I'm amazed but I gotta say, the 1000 grit sandpaper worked liked advertised! Wow! Took my time, and it turned out way better than I thought! What a great lil' trick...

Seems crazy but it works. I'd like to know who and how that tricked was initially figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread