Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

ajaf1656

Established Member
73802305731__C8683291-FA13-43C0-9814-CECF4C18849A.jpeg
IMG_2541.jpeg

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So the salesman called KTM about the Akrapovic system and verified the mapping that is included to correct the fueling will put the bike into limp mode if the turn signals are connected at start-up. I've done some research and found that on the 1290, people got around it with an electrical delay ("magic box") that basically holds the signals powered down for a few seconds when the bike is first started. My only concern with that would be if I were to power the bike on and not start it immediately, it might go into limp mode. I've called a few shops who do custom tunes and the consensus is that I'll be the test mule for the new 2024 bike as they're just hitting the streets. BT moto has a handheld tuner that is supposed to fix the issue without needing to splice the delay into the signals, but nothing listed for the 1390 specifically, I'll have to call them and see if it will work.
Other than that, the bike is secured and all the financing stuff is sorted, I just have to find the time to drive out to Oregon, sign the paper work and bring it home. I even stopped by the local KTM dealer yesterday and ordered the orange wheels because I refuse to have black wheels on anything. Haha

I also picked up my new Shoei X-Fifteen yesterday.

I recently got rid of 6 of my bicycles and organized my garage to make room for it. Today, I just have to finish fixing the busted lock on my garage. I haven't locked my garage in years but there's no way I'm leaving the motorcycle in there unsecured.
Awesome news. Congratulations. I can't wait to hear your first ride report.

That is the exact reason I backed out of the 1290 back in 2022. There was no way I'm cutting into the wiring harness of a brand new bike to add timers to trick the ECU. I was super pissed. I really wanted/want that bike.

Orange wheels will be sick. Get them painted/coated half white. I love that 50/50 look. Sprockets, rear sets, turn signals, controls, brakes, etc, etc. lol. So much fun starting a new journey.

ajaf1656

Established Member
What's the point of putting the bike into limp mode if the turn signals are turned on?
I think they're covering their own asses. Harley Davidson got in trouble a few years back because they were installing their "screamin' eagle" kits on bikes that were obviously riding on the streets. I think the point its to show some effort at pretending it's for track use only.
I think I found a work around. I ordered a kit to bypass the check and I'm about to put a call in to the dealership to order the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread