Best Springs?

99cobraclone

Established Member
I had Eibach Sportlines on my GT, I loved them. They were harsh but who buys a mustang for its ride? What are the best springs for the terminator? I'm looking at the pro kit from eibach. Will this cause me to lose even more traction, I know our irs' are already a bitch to launch. Thanks!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I dont know what is the best but I had a 02 GT and a 03 GT both with sportlines. Now I have a 03 cobra with H&R Race and the ride is about the same. I love them.

03slvrcobra

Heat Soaked
Established Member
just installed the H&R supersports...lowered it quite a bit...rides great...looks real good...traction seems a little better...wheel hop is gone...it really depends on how low you want to go..eibach won't be as low as the H&R's

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
I dont know what is the best but I had a 02 GT and a 03 GT both with sportlines. Now I have a 03 cobra with H&R Race and the ride is about the same. I love them.

how much did they cost you as well as how much did it lower the snake? How's the traction?

davidmax

Established Member
If you want to have a corner carver I suggest the Eibachs you had we have them at BLOW OUT PRICING!!!
If you want drag traction the best is the coil over HAL Q-10's.I use them on a Stroker with tons of Tqe. and she hooks like a dream,and thats a 5000 stall and a C-4 auto with line lok.
It works equally great on IRS.
If these dont fall into your budget the Eibach pro line is a less expensive very effective addition,you may want to change out the bushings at at the Drags remove your front sway bar to further allow the front to lift exerting more bite and minimizing wheel hop which is why I went with the 8.8" solid rear,0 wheel hop and all bite and the Eibachs which seem to be out of favor with this Forum,H&R freaks and Eibach IMHO are #1 in my book and will always be.
My advice would be go for a "G" machine and get some BFG KD'S and stay glued on the turns ,I would further recomend 18'S all around 305' and 275's front and rear,with a Sean Hyland Hollow front bar,which we can get you.
Being street legal but a real hell raiser and is becoming 100% drag race machine,the front end tubular K frame etc.... will be going in in the next 30 days I really want to do this mid west challenge as I feel a couple mods and raise boost to 21-25 VS.presnt 18 and I may spray the large intercoolers with C02,or Nitrous and gain 5+% more power from that dense cold charge,thats when an ATI specially in the "F" family really shine.(not that its a couch potato now) at this point we are in (GUESS) low to mid 9's I believe we can do Hi 8's with suspension and 5 psi more boost.
She red lines at 8K and sounds like a pro stocker doing it.I also need to have my rear fender wells rolled so I dont cut up another 350.)) pair of slicks.
This is another long post but I hope you know how enthusiastic we are,Dave Smilovic
PS:I defected and did a 03' Z06 that had 4k miles on it and was in mint condition for 8-10k off wholesale.I (When and if I have $$$$$,I will buy a used 03' Cobra and turn into a corner carver with about 480-500 rwhp,anything more is useless with IRS but I will be wearing out tires with negative camber,but it would be sooooo much fun to have a normal Stang and not have a 200 person flame on how the beast is no longer a Ford.
But for now the Zo6 is lowered an inch and has 19's and 18's as opposed to 18 and17 stock mounted on SSR wheels (4.5 lbs. lighter than stock) less unsprung weight.
If you've never drove a Z06 DO IT!!! its such a well balanced car,the Nittos are breaking in and for handling so far the Goodyears are winners but I sell them and therefore must experiance them to give a fair unbiased opinion to my customers,I will post on them in 400 more miles.
The Z06 has a nice loppey cam and with the hollow cats along with Stainless works headers and stock exhaust we got 433 rwhp and about 390 Lbs. of Tqe,an ATI would fix that but I'm doing a Darton sleeve 427 naturally aspirated should do about 525 rwhp and 500 lbs tqe.
On a Stang 5,000.00 would have gotten you there the Vette is 5,000 just for cam,heads,Mezierre H20 water pump and underdrive pulley.Now the motor will cost a bit for the short block and I will use cam and heads from present motor.I will also add a 90mm intake manifold and that should be good for 20+ ponnies at the tires.
So to Mod a Vette is approx.3-400% more than a Stang and neither one has a back seat unless you have 2 little kids and even then what about an accident these things fold and I keep them out and deleted my back seat about 50 lbs. 1/2 second,all in all my Stang shed 4-450 Lbs,just the solid rear is about 120 alone.
I promise not to post Vette stories here but when I figured the Diff in price it shows how amazing and versatile the Stang is.Who ever heard of an SHM header back 3" system pushing out 60 rwhp and it works.Headers ,gutted cats and Stingers would give 28-40 ponnies on the vette depending on other mods but I'm confident the Vette will do low 11's just because its aerodynamics and 4:10 rear with close ratio Stang box same Tremec better gearing.Next week off comes the standard TI exhaust and B&B rte 66,and I'm looking for 10 rwhp to 443-445 rwhp.
Sorry Dave Smilovic reporting on how amazing the Stang is do;;ar for do;llar for dollar compared to any car on the road.
The Vette is more fun all around but the Stang is all business,Dave Smilovic
PS: Flame Away(PLEASE NO)

D-Cobra

Established Member
i have the H&R's on the cobra, and i absolutely love it.

had the Steeda's, didn't like it, because it didn't do what it was advertised.

never used the Eibach's, but i heard both positives and negatives about it.

TRBO VNM

David,

checked your website but didn't see the eibach springs. care to post or PM me the prices for 03 cobra. Eibach pro kit

thanks

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I am still reading, I think.
Best way to do it is print them out, put them under your pillow and let it all soak in.

hmwave

Established Member
H&R's are on national back order with a long wait expected. You might get lucky and find a set.
I didn't and ordered the Eibach Pro's. MM recommended them as very comparable to H&R's.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Redfiresnk
David,

checked your website but didn't see the eibach springs. care to post or PM me the prices for 03 cobra. Eibach pro kit

thanks

I didnt even read it....
We are talking about springs right ???:lol:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
David quotes"

H&R freaks and Eibach IMHO are #1 in my book and will always be.

Did you not read my post. Every other mustang I have ever owned I had Eibach. I loved them. But they did not make anything but a 1.3 drop for the Cobra. That is why I went with H&R. If you only lower it 1.3 you should not even lower it. I wish they had made sportlines when I bought my springs because I had rather had the 1.8 to 2.0" drop. I like em LOW!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread