Beware of VIN #1fafp48y23f302453!!

Toxicsnake

Established Member
I had ordered this car from Colonial Ford In Danbury, CT. VOPC indicated via live and automated means that it was delivered to the dealer on 8/6. However, nobody could find it. The dealer came back and said that it was being held for quaility problems, then that ford was telling them that it had been lost or stolen and/or was being utilized by the factory. This past Friday, a week after I had cancelled on it, the sales guy called and said that Ford had sent them a letter to the effect of:

"this vehicle was involved in an accident on the way to emmisions testing and is being repaired. No other information is available"

The sales rep asked if I still wanted it!!!, I told him that I would look elsewhere!

Black 03 coupe
VIN #1fafp48y23f302453:cuss:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Toxicsnake
The sales rep asked if I still wanted it!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is classic.

At least you found out it had a incident before you bought it. It sucks you still have to wait but it is better then getting a crashed car.:(

Toxicsnake

Established Member
At least I still have my mint Sunburst gold 2000 GT with:

Cruise all day at 80-115 No vibe
No pull whatsoever It will track down the highway straight

BUT I STILL want the Cobra....LOL

Looking for a Black 03 (Eastern US)!!!!!!!

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Toxicsnake,

I live near that dealership in Danbury. Are you referring to the silver ragtop sitting in the front row?

I bought two Fords from them in the late 80's and early 90's. There was a very good sales guy (Carlos) who eventually left in 95.

When I tried to buy a new '95 Cobra from them (in '95), the sales manager tried to raise the price that I had agreed to with the sales guy.

I balked and went to Park City Ford in Bridgeport. They gave me a MUCH better deal on the same car. Since then I've bought 3 cars from them, including my current '03 ragtop.

Go see Tony Spencer there.... He'll help you out.

Peter

:beer:

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Peter,

Good to here from another CT. cobra guy!

no, I think they still have the silver vert (want 5K over on it). This was a black coupe that I had ordered back in early July. I had talked to Park City, they didn't have any, sounded like MSRP kind of guys.....

Gumball

Established Member
Toxicsnake,
I've been reading this board for almost 5 months waiting for my black vert to come from Lombard Ford in Winsted without actually joining the crowd. You're thread made me finally get off my fat can and join the fun. Mantilia Ford in West Haven has a black coupe in their showroom with no home. I was sitting in same Saturday AM. Spoke to Scott (I think that's his name-has heavy Mass accent). Although they have been selling them at $5k over, he told me they'd take MSRP. Tell him Mark from Brockton MA (formerly) referred you. Considering I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing I hope this works. Other than that, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for all of your great info. I've never known this much about a car that I don't yet own.

Gumball

Established Member
Toxicsnake,
I've been reading this board for almost 5 months waiting for my black vert to come from Lombard Ford in Winsted without actually joining the crowd. You're thread made me finally get off my fat can and join the fun. Mantilia Ford in West Haven has a black coupe in their showroom with no home. I was sitting in same Saturday AM. Spoke to Scott (I think that's his name-has heavy Mass accent). Although they have been selling them at $5k over, he told me they'd take MSRP. Tell him Mark from Brockton MA (formerly) referred you. Considering I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing I hope this works. Other than that, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for all of your great info. I've never known this much about a car that I don't yet own.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Gumball
Toxicsnake,

Bought mine from Dave B. at Lombard Ford. Paid MSRP and it was worth driving the 6 hours (both ways) for. Cool dealership!

Mark

Gumball

Established Member
...And you thought I was kidding when I said I didn't know what I was doing. I also bought from Dave B., great guy. I think he used to own the place before selling to Dave Lombard. Have you had any service opportunities w/ them. I've heard they're pretty solid?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Gumball
...And you thought I was kidding when I said I didn't know what I was doing. I also bought from Dave B., great guy. I think he used to own the place before selling to Dave Lombard. Have you had any service opportunities w/ them. I've heard they're pretty solid?

Yes, their service is A1! When I picked up my car, it had some cosmetic defects. I dropped it off and in two hours time, they replaced the passenger side window, replaced a coil cover, and the third brake light.

Also, my car developed a leak which turned out to be a casting flaw in the oil filter adapter. Not wanting to bring my leaking car to the dealership 3 hours away, I chose to eat the cost of repairing it myself. However, when I emailed Dave about some other stuff (getting some touch up paint) I told him about the crack and he told me to box up the defective part with the receipts and he would get it covered under warranty. Now that's customer service!!! :)

Mark

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Yeah, Lombard ford are cool guys. They did the gears in my old 89 LX5.0 a while back. I had looked at the black coupe at Mantillia a couple of weeks ago.... they could not explain the mileage or the ultra smooth back tires to me...also the left scoop pulled right off into my hand ...LOL...

It looked like the "kid" who had detailed the car had mixed in some sand with his sponge....pretty funny how they had the black movie theater velvet ropes arround it though!!

Gumball

Established Member
Tell the truth, you were really digging the velvet ropes. I didn't realize the mileage or condition on that car. I've been waiting so g.d. long for my car I've changed colors 3 times. I was there trying to decide between the black I ordered or the new redfire when I saw that car in the showroom.

Users who are viewing this thread