BF Goodrich DR's or Nitto DR's

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I said **** it, next Monday when I come back from Las Vegas;-), I will be placing the order in for a set of rear 17X10.5 Cobra R wheels. I already have polished Cobra R's, but they are 17X8 all the way around. But now I don't know whick DR to get Nitto or BF Goodrich. I will be going with 315's. I know that the Nitto's have a longer thread life, but I know that the BF Goodrich stick better. So help me decide guys. :)

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I personally do not like Nitto because the non-DR's are gawd awful at performance. The tires must be lit in order to get any kind of traction at all. Since i aint made of money to be buying tires that often, i gotta be conservative and find a good balance of cost/traction.

I went with Kumho's and am totally satisfied. They stick better than Nitto 555's (non DR's) and handle awesome in the rain.

If it were my money, i'd go with the BFG's!:beer:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
what kind of kumho's? the MX or v700? I'm soon going to be ordering some nitto's

ECSTA Supra 712's.

If you're gonna buy nitto's, be sure to get the DR's. Also rememer that those tires will wear quickly so i hope your ok on funds to replace them every 10k to 15k under above-normal driving conditions. They should last to 20k or so if you highway drive.

I HIGHLY discourage buying a set of non-DR Nitto's as i can almost assure you that you will be unhappy...especially in the rain. If it rains with the Non-DR"s, hold on to your a$$ cuz it's gonna be a wild ride. :p The Nitto's feel like you're rolling on sticks of butter. You just don't feel "safe" going into a corner at moderate speeds or braking too hard. You'll understand what i mean once you get them and use them for a few.

It's your $ so you decide what's best. I've used Nitto's, Kumho's and Good Years. I like the Kumho's the best..not to mention the price.:)

vacobra

Established Member
I had Nitto 555's on my 2002 Steeda and I loved them. I had about 12k on the tires when I traded the Steeda in for my 03. The 12 or so months I had the car I drove it pretty hard, especially in the corners. Tread was still good after alot of hard cornering and hard launches and I never had a problem sticking to the road. Outside of the regular tire spin you get with a hard launch. But those were the 555's not the DR's.

Bottom line is, you are not going to get any kind of traction in the rain with a DR, no matter what brand.

Dino S.

Established Member
my 555r's stuck better in the rain than my BFG KD's

555r = drag radial
BFG KD = street tire

SNK BITN

Established Member
BFG DR's last 1/3 as long as the Nitto DR's. I get 15K miles out of every set of Nitto DR's I've owned. If its driven daily or frequently, BFG is not the way to go.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Major question....daily driven or not. I would get @ 10k miles out of my 555dr's and now my 555r2's. The car is no longer driven daily so I don't min having em' on the car. The V700 Kuhmo is a autocross tire that will wear even faster than a 555DR. The MX is an excellent tire for the $$ handling, wet weather and traction are A+++. I loved my Yokohama A520 tires when I had them on the car too. If you can stand a little road noise this is the tire to have imo.

Users who are viewing this thread