Billit Flow Tb/ No Chip & Pulley

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I read on a thread here somewhere that someone thought it a waist to change to a Hi Flow TB if you didn't have a Chip & Pulley, what do you guys think, will I see any gains with out a Chip & Pulley, enough to substantiate the price?

trey193

Established Member
Like I said I raced a friend of mine a week ago he has the full accufab setup and a amazon cold air kit, My only mod is a K&N, I would get him out of the hole and be ahead until halfway through 3rd and his car would come by me easily, I know the throttle body and cold air help quite a bit over stock, he has no chip or pulley of anykind, for sure a throttle body evidentally adds quite a bit up top, because while the amazon is a tad better than a K&N drop in, a lot of the top end charge has to come from the accufab setuup!!

OverToad

Established Member
In performance cars, and especially these Cobra's, the sum of the mods are greater than each individual part.
This is the first basic rule I learned as I delved into modding these things.
What needs to be understood by each owner is that there are basic mods that give you a great foundation, and give you the most bang for the buck.

Throwing out the warranty concerns, you end up with 3 mods that produce the best and most important gains:

Pulley
CAI
Exhaust

From there the smart modder installs #4, the chip.

After that, you get into TB's, headers, etc etc etc.

Is getting a TB this early in the game a waste? No. Is it the best bang for your initial buck? No.

If your going to mod the car all the way, and you really want it, go ahead and get it so you can enjoy it :)
If you want to spend your money wisely, and get the most out of it, choose another direction first. But if your also looking for the *BLING* factor, you might as well get an anodized TB right now, so you can show it off to your friends ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread