Bitter Sweet

shetheri

Established Member
Well, I finally sold the '03 with 17K miles on it Oct 24th. I was sad to see it go, but I now have a '13 GT500 in the garage. Haven't had much time behind the wheel, but it is a totally different car than the Terminators were.

Scott

quad

Established Member
Wow. Congrats! Very low mileage. I was wondering if you ever held on to your Terminator. I am sure it is quite a jump going to the '13 HP levels. if I recall yours was mildly modded.

shetheri

Established Member
Thanks.

Quad,

My '03 made 480RWP/560TQ, so the '13 is a big jump even though it is still stock (for now). I went with the ingot silver w/black stripes and the Recaros. I passed on all the performance options since I can add aftermarket and get better products for less money.

quad

Established Member
Thanks.

Quad,

My '03 made 480RWP/560TQ, so the '13 is a big jump even though it is still stock (for now). I went with the ingot silver w/black stripes and the Recaros. I passed on all the performance options since I can add aftermarket and get better products for less money.

Awesome! Post some pics when you get a chance. You'll probably be putting it away for the winter soon.

I am keeping the Terminator and have a ton of upgrades sitting in boxes at my home. The only outstanding item I am waiting for is the Lethal 1200 HP return system. Should be getting that shortly. Hopefully I can get the mods on before we get salt on the roads.

shetheri

Established Member
I just picked it up on Friday at a dealer I ordered it from down in Mishawaka, IN.

Here are the only two pics I have when I picked it up.

8139527232_3e92f8514f_s.jpg

8139571824_20f8f7ba46_s.jpg

T.Bone

Established Member
Looks great, I am sure you will have a blast with it. I tried to get you and Chris over to take a ride in one to assist in making your decesion but you were out of town.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Congratulations on the upgrade!

I was checking my records this week and realized I've hd my car for 10 years now.

How many original owners from MCT that have their Cobras for 10+ years?

quad

Established Member
Congratulations on the upgrade!

I was checking my records this week and realized I've hd my car for 10 years now.

How many original owners from MCT that have their Cobras for 10+ years?
I've had mine for 8.5 years. Even though it is a 2003 I am the original owner. The car had 23 miles I believe when I bought it in 2004. It was built at the tail end of the 03 batch. I believe I will keep this car for a long time. You sure have to be careful to keep the paint job looking great and ding free for so many years. My windshield has 2 or 3 small nicks caused by a weed wacker a few years ago. I'd like to keep all the bodyparts / glass original and they are small enough where it does not show up in photos.

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
I just picked it up on Friday at a dealer I ordered it from down in Mishawaka, IN.

Here are the only two pics I have when I picked it up.

8139527232_3e92f8514f_s.jpg

8139571824_20f8f7ba46_s.jpg

There was a very nice '13 red GT500 at Dorian Ford on Gratiot a few weeks ago. But I guess you wanted to stay with Silver?

shetheri

Established Member
Thanks Gary. I had mine for 10 years as well, bought in new in June 2002, it was an early build.

Quad, all the dealers in Metro Detroit all wanted ADM's for their Shelbys or their allocations to order one. Thanks to an SVTP member, I was able to order exactly the car I wanted without any ADM from a small dealer in IN.

R-CODE

Established Member
Congrats shetheri, we all have to get together. We missed ya @ Mustang Memories this summer. Every time I'm in the Birmingham neighborhood I run past u going the opposite direction. Take Care. ~Gotti.

Users who are viewing this thread