Black 89

mustangman302

Established Member
Iam new on this website but i have been viewing it for a long time. I have a black 1989 mustang that needs some desperate help with the paint. When i bought it, it had been sitting for awhile. I used the meg 1,2,3 on it but it still does not have that shine to it. I have been looking into alot of different products out there but i dont know what will give be the best shine. I also need something that will that out some of my swirl marks and scratches. i have a porter cable buffer so that is not a problem.

mustangman302

Established Member
Ok does this setup sound like a good one:
Wash with dawn to get off old polish
Clearkote Clay Bar
Wash with Clearkote car wash
Then Clearkote Blue Moose Cutting Cream on a cutting pad
Then Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze
And Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax the last two will be put on with a polishing pad
Iam going to buy Specialty Motorings buffing kit and mirofiber kit http://www.specialtymotoring.com/kits.htm
Does this seem like a good setup for a 16 year old paint job that has some oxidation and swirls? And what do i apply with the finishing pad?
-Brandon

Juiced-03

Established Member
That sounds like a pretty good plan of attack. I dont know how blue moose will break down with a PC, so you may want use a polish like Poorboys SSR2 or SSR1 afterwards to even it out and take out the haze. Although, Red Machine Glaze may do the job also. I have never used it so I don't know it's polishing abilities.

No need to wash twice. Just wash normally then clay it with wash soap/water mix and rinse it off.

mustangman302

Established Member
ok thanks for the info. I ran all the prices and it came out to be 130 for all the products pads and a set of microfiber towels. Do you think this is a good deal or should i look somewhere else.

Juiced-03

Established Member
If you are buying from Specialty Motoring, you are getting the best deal no doubt. I think he offers free shipping over $100 as well. Instead othe Clearkote carwash though, I would get the Poorboys wash. It's a little better!

mustangman302

Established Member
ok thanks for the info. Yeah i think i will order all of my supplies from there i have heard good things from there. Is there any kind of car wash i should get because i thought they made more then one kind. When i get my pay check i will have to order the polishes and glaze and do a before and after thread. I also was wondering if you do the polish and then the glaze. And what product do i use the finishing pad with?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
THE POORBOY'S suPER sLICK & SUDDS WASH IS THE BEST. iT NOT SUBJECTIVE ITS A FACT. NOT EVEN MEGUIARS OR THE PINNACLE CAN COMPARE. vERY vERY vERY CONCENTRATED. POORBOY'S " GOOD CALL.

Juiced-03

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
THE POORBOY'S suPER sLICK & SUDDS WASH IS THE BEST. iT NOT SUBJECTIVE ITS A FACT.

I don't know if I would go that far lol, but it is a good wash indeed.

oh, and are you drunk right now :dw: :lol:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I don't know if I would go that far lol, but it is a good wash indeed.

oh, and are you drunk right now :dw: :lol:

no man i dont drink. I'd rather spent the money on detail supplies. Im an addict. :coolman: but yeah the sss from poorboys is by far the best. :rockon: find me a better one. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread