Blower or Turbo?

SVT2NV

Established Member
My friend is looking into forced induction on his Boss F-150. I told him to give a look at the Kenne Bell S/C's since they seem to be the popular choice. He said hes also looking into turbos. What would be the better choice and which brand should he buy? :shrug: I said intercooled KB, but what kind of power can you expect from a turbo?

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Wtf is a "Boss" F150? Must have the stickers. Anyway, a turbo setup on his truck is gonna be extremely expensive as there will be a lot of custom work done for it to work properly so if KB makes a kit for it that would be the way to go.

chknhwk

Well, what is he looking for? Is he looking into making it a drag truck (rock on!) or a work beast? There are companies doing prototype turbo kits now so that should be a viable option soon...

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
How mechanicaly gifted is he or his friends? If he can pull off his own fabrication (i.e. stainless welding, fitting up), and is patient with the money to back up a custom one off twin turbo I say GO TURBO. TWINS AT THAT, the modular trucks are dying to have a twin turbo considering they are blessed with the underhood clearance, and room that Mustangs are not.

BUT,
If he is none of the above get a Kenne Bell!! Much more of a user friendly plug, and play set-up.

Tell him good luck with what ever, and keep us informed. Especially if he goes turbo!!!!:burnout: :beer:

mikew1000

Established Member
The Boss truck is just an apperance package. It is just an F150 with some graphics and custom seats. No motor upgrades. There is a company that makes a turbo F-150 and sells the entire truck. Can't remember who it was but I saw it on Trucks TV. If you can locate them they might sell you the turbo setup.

Users who are viewing this thread