Blower question?

Black Venom 99

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra and want to get a procharger p1sc. What are some ups and downs? Will I blow my motor down the road? I don't beat on the car though but I get on it once in a while like when I am racing. Should I get forged internals then get a blower or will I not really need them? How will the blower work with my current mods(In signature). If anyone can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Just to let you know, you will not see boost unless at WOT. So the car will drive very much like it does now while just driving around. When you go to WOT, boost will climb with RPM's.

I don't have experience with that blower, but most folks stay pretty safe with around 8 lbs of boost. Go over 10 and things get a little trickier. You will need bigger injectors, fuel pump, MAF...ect.

Forged internals would be great if you have the $$$$$$. I'm on borrowed time on my stock block, but when the time comes I will go with a big bore forged internal motor.

The biggest thing is the tune....timing and a/f are critical, along with the right spark plugs and gas.

There is no guarantees though without forged internals. You could drive it easy for 4 months, decide to run it hard one day and have it blow up on you with the stock block. It's all part of the game.

Good luck :beer:

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
The ups of a P1? Big torque. The downside is they're still having blown seal issues. Mine blew with only 6k miles on it and I put on a vortech and made 60 more rwhp with only 1.5 more psi. Get a D1 if you want a procharger.

Users who are viewing this thread