Blower question

joegt38

Established Member
I have a 02GT auto w/ a Vortech SQ trim with a steeda powerpipe, off road H, magnaflow catback, t/b, plenum and a 3.73 gear. What ive noticed is off the line when it spins like a b!tch in first it hits the rev limiter and misfires. Right now I have a Vortech tune ive yet to have it dyno tuned. Has anyone had that problem and can it be fixed by dyno tuning?

RyClef331

Established Member
Stop hitting the revlimiter....its there as a last resort to keep dumb people from destroying 5speed cars. I'm not saying you're dumb or trying to rip on you but what you posted up there doesn't sound like a problem with the car. More the driving style. If you're running street tires with gears and a blower...you're going to have traction problems out the ass. Take it easy off the line. If its doing this with out hitting the rev limiter, you might be blow the spark out with the increased cylinder pressure. Check the plug gap and close it up a bit or buy an aftermarket ignition box...hope that helps.

joegt38

Established Member
Thats what it is traction, I do take it easy off the line I figure after its already on a rool I could punch it but the streets are still cold in chicago. So it still spins like a motha, Im having it dyno tuned on saturday and have a custon diablo tune. They are going to change my shift points and change the limiter. So my dumb ass don't mess anything up. Im also getting some 305 nitto drags.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Ya, if it's an auto a retune on the shift points and such are needed. You don't want to hit the rev limiter though....that's not good.

Check your plugs though....probably a good idea to go with a new set. Can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread