Blower snout -- arghhhhhhhh!!!

rodthrower

Established Member
Man, that blower snout is like a freakin’ piece of soft clay! I THOUGHT I was being so careful while removing the stock pulley. WRONG! I now have some nice gouges in 3 places on the blower snout. :mj: I used a silver Sharpie to cover them - it actually almost matches, but you can definitely see the damage if you are looking for it.

Anybody have any luck fixing/touching up their scratched/dinged/marred/gouged blower snouts? I certainly don’t want to make things worse, it just makes me sick every time I raise the hood now.....

I cut a 12 oz. plastic cup .
Cut the bottom off and the top, Slit the side all the way down and wrap it around the blower berfore the remove/ add a pulley!!!
Sorry I did not get to you sooner!

rodthrower

Established Member
That's a great idea. I wish I had thought about it..or seen a post recommending it...

..still wondering what my options are now given that mine is jacked up..anybody?

sweet10th

Established Member
not sure how u damaged it to be honest.
Ive taken mine off and several others without any issues.

I have the AR puller.

rodthrower

Established Member
sweet10th said:
not sure how u damaged it to be honest.
Ive taken mine off and several others without any issues.

I have the AR puller.

What can I say...'user error' I guess. I used the Billetflow puller (AR is the same?)...anyway, it worked awesome and I do NOT blame it at all...I think where I went wrong was I let puller get too close to the snout. I had a rag between the puller and the snout and I guess it gave me a false sense of security. Also, looking back, I was probably too focused on getting the puller lined up perfectly. Obviously, that is important, but so is NOT scratching anything...

Users who are viewing this thread