Bluetooth/Sync Issues?

TRBO VNM

When I am on the phone the person on the other end says it sounds like I have the windows open, muffled or like I am on a motorcycle. I hear them just fine. And I typically always drive around with windows up and AC on. Never have I used bluetooth/phone with windows down.

Has anyone else had reports like this? Have you asked?

My wife's edge works great. People have no clue and think I am holding the phone to my ear. They are checking for updates, but doubt there are any since the car is only a couple months old.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Got the chance to test mine last night...my girlfriend said it didn't even sound like I was in a car and i was going 70 on the interstate.

TRBO VNM

Well thats good. That is how it should be. I am going to try a different phone as well. I know mine is getting to be on its last legs and been ready for an upgrade, so maybe the connection between the two is an issue.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I just used mine today, and my buddy thought I was at home. So far, I haven't experienced any of the issues that some folks are reporting.

TRBO VNM

That's good. gives me hope there is something going on. I will try another phone this weekend and then go from there.

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
It happened to me a few weeks back. I use it every day and only had that one issue. When I came to a stop I turned off the car and restarted and issue went away.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just curious...of the folks whose work well, how many have automatic climate control?

I'm wondering if they are hearing your fan from the A/C? I could hear you fine when you called me the other day on it, but I could hear a little wind noise..though nothing bad. If your riding around like my mother in law, with the A/C blasting so hard it'll freeze your ocular fluid, that might be your problem.

TRBO VNM

No, it is only on 1, 2 at most and once it cools down it is turned down to 1. I will try turning it off next time and see if that changes anything.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
No, it is only on 1, 2 at most and once it cools down it is turned down to 1. I will try turning it off next time and see if that changes anything.

Ah, I doubt that's blowing hard enough to be heard over the mic, unless you have it on defrost and the air is going directly over the microphone.

Sounds like you might have a bad mic then...Marisa did too in her Explorer when we first got it. They replaced it, and it's been fine since. In fact, I can't even tell if she's in the car or not when I talk to her unless she honks or yells at someone.

SVT Rob

Established Member
My AC is never on past 3, unless I'm venting the car from the heat of the day. And that would be sitting in the parking with all the windows down and the sunroof popped.

TRBO VNM

I ordered a new mic today. Only like 26 bucks and it is a quick swap. Dealer would probably give me a hard time because I put the homelink up there and they will want to look at the car and have to order the part anyway. So we will see if this does anything.

NEMES1S

Established Member
Does anyone know how to get to the turn by turn through sync? I need a class on the other stuff it does.

TRBO VNM

Go to the dealer. They should give you a lesson. My dealer called me a week after buying and asked when I wanted to schedule it. Not sure about the turn by turn. If you have a ST1 I didn't think that was possible.

I did get the new mic but haven't installed it yet. Only like $25.

TRBO VNM

I installed the new mic and can't get any friends to answer their phones when I am driving....so I am not sure if anything changed. VMP did comment today that there was some background noise, so I assume nothing has changed, which pisses me off. It works amazing in my wifes edge and like crap in the ST. I hate using a ear piece because they are all uncomfortable.

Praying this update in August changes something. I might have to go higher than the dealer and see if I can talk to someone else. Considering extending the wires of one mic since I have an extra now and trying different locations in the car, but that is BS.

This is one of the features I was really looking forward to having in this car compared to my other daily drivers I have had. Very disappointed and feel like beating the crap out of something.

Users who are viewing this thread