Boost dies off after each redline shift?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Is this what the "boost bi-pass" mod is for? It really bothers me how the boost dies off so much after each redline shift I make.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I find that our tachs are a bit slow and you may just be shifting just as you are about to hit the limiter which will dump boost. I end up shifting just below red line and I do not loose boost. As to the boost bypass mod that is a good question. Anyone?????

Rwick7

Established Member
I've noticed this also it seems like between shifts it really slows down...hmmmm anyone???

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Take a close look at alot of the dyno sheets posted (like mine). There was an audible "blow off" hiss during the run...that dip at 6,200 RPMs. This has only happened one other time during hard runs on the street, but I am convinced that the abuse valve does come into play, occassionally...

Rwick7

Established Member
My blower went silent on my first dyno run at around 6200...hmmm no real dip in power though... interesting.

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
It doesn't really fall flat on it's face...it's just an annoying lag that doesn't seem natural. It seems like there is a couple of seconds where the computer is trying to figure out what to do. If I stand on the gas in the middle of a gear, the power is instant. It only happens after a fast, redline shift :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread