Borla stinger tailpipes not aligned and touching

LS WUT

Established Member
He was saying my clamps aren’t secure and need to welded cause every time I get on it they loosen and push back and hit my gas tank cover why he burnt the plastics . Don’t know if I fully believe his theory

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
He’s full of shit.

vr4

Established Member
I took it to a fabricator shop /muffler shop and he was telling me he has to take the clamps off and weld the 4 areas and would need 8 hours of labor at $150 a hour. I told him to to fly a kite at his local park lol jk didn’t tell him but that’s what was in my head when I left

holy crap. thats insane.

i work in an exhaust shop and we would probably charge about 200 for that. i agree with others. loosen everything so its just barely snug and move everything around until its where you like it then tighten down.

gotjack

Established Member
holy crap. thats insane.

i work in an exhaust shop and we would probably charge about 200 for that. i agree with others. loosen everything so its just barely snug and move everything around until its where you like it then tighten down.

Rock on bro you’re dead on. The shop that’s going to paint my calipers and install my rotors and pads next week said they will charge me $200 to adjust and fix the clearance issue

olympic

Established Member
Some types of clamps can stretch and not provide enough clamping force if they've been removed and replaced enough times. I've run into this with my Magnaflow system. If this is the case you'll need new clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread