Boss 302 was the track champ?

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Wow. It's interesting how the article specifically leaves out any reference to the GT500... And goes on to say the ZL-1 has no direct competition. I'm surprised to hear that GM has already thrown in the towel and admitted (by omission) that the 2013 GT500 will be completely out of this cars league!!! Lol!

04nccobra

Established Member
Wow. It's interesting how the article specifically leaves out any reference to the GT500... And goes on to say the ZL-1 has no direct competition. I'm surprised to hear that GM has already thrown in the towel and admitted (by omission) that the 2013 GT500 will be completely out of this cars league!!! Lol!

I don't think that is what the article inferred at all. Isn't the Boss quicker than the GT500 in the curve department? If so I am sure that was the target of ZL1 Engineers. As to the GT500 vs the ZL1 well it will be awfully close and dependent on the driver is my guess, two rocket ships except one will have a comfortable suspension and todays technology, the other will not. :)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mhjGERugh0&feature=player_embedded"]2012 Camaro ZL1 Takes on Nurburgring | Chevrolet - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
That driver was really working it. He must have been in full pucker mode at the end of the 171 mph straight. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread