Boss manifold bolt up....

89 5.0

Established Member
So after all the reading I have done and everything says the 2015 motors are the same as the 11-14 with minor revisions. With that said, does anyone know if the boss manifolds bolt up to these? I thought I read somewhere that AM used a boss manifold with there Bama tuned car. Any thoughts, opinions?

Gamble13GT

Established Member
So after all the reading I have done and everything says the 2015 motors are the same as the 11-14 with minor revisions. With that said, does anyone know if the boss manifolds bolt up to these? I thought I read somewhere that AM used a boss manifold with there Bama tuned car. Any thoughts, opinions?

Yes they bolt up but you will need Adj motor mounts to lower the engine to fit the stock hood. UPR makes some.

But IMO the power will not be their unless your boosted. I have seen some graphs drop in power and they spend more time bringing the power back then making more power. People are making great power so far on the factory manifold.

89 5.0

Established Member
Umm good call. I didn't think about that. Thanks for the info man!

AMWill

Yes they bolt up but you will need Adj motor mounts to lower the engine to fit the stock hood. UPR makes some.

But IMO the power will not be their unless your boosted. I have seen some graphs drop in power and they spend more time bringing the power back then making more power. People are making great power so far on the factory manifold.[/QUOTE

Hey 89,

Gamble is completely correct, the manifold will bolt right up, but will not clear the stock hood.

Personally, I would stick with the stock manifold unless you are planning on spraying or boosting!

The only reason we switched to the Boss Manifold was due to Nitrous delivery issues with the stock manifold.

Hope this helps.

-Will

89 5.0

Established Member

But IMO the power will not be their unless your boosted. I have seen some graphs drop in power and they spend more time bringing the power back then making more power. People are making great power so far on the factory manifold.[/QUOTE

Hey 89,

Gamble is completely correct, the manifold will bolt right up, but will not clear the stock hood.

Personally, I would stick with the stock manifold unless you are planning on spraying or boosting!

The only reason we switched to the Boss Manifold was due to Nitrous delivery issues with the stock manifold.

Hope this helps.

-Will
Ahh ok that makes sense. Thanks Will!

89 5.0

Established Member
Umm pretty stock as of right now. Can't decide if I want to little things or just hold off and whipple in about a year. Finally got am email from AM for my springs that were on back order so those will be on soon. Other than that just tinted the windows and got the entire front end clear bra'ed to protect the nice new shiny black paint. Full exhaust is next as I can't stand out quite these S550s are from the factory.

PIKE5.0

Established Member

-Will

I'm spraying my stock manifold here in a couple weeks. I had issues with the stock manifold on my Nitrous Outlet '12.. I saw you guys initially ran into it. Not sure I want to do the boss though, I don't spray enough to kill my N/A performance.

AMWill

Umm pretty stock as of right now. Can't decide if I want to little things or just hold off and whipple in about a year. Finally got am email from AM for my springs that were on back order so those will be on soon. Other than that just tinted the windows and got the entire front end clear bra'ed to protect the nice new shiny black paint. Full exhaust is next as I can't stand out quite these S550s are from the factory.

Hey 89,

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

What springs and exhaust are you looking to pick up?

I'm spraying my stock manifold here in a couple weeks. I had issues with the stock manifold on my Nitrous Outlet '12.. I saw you guys initially ran into it. Not sure I want to do the boss though, I don't spray enough to kill my N/A performance.

Hey Pikes,

Depending on the type of nitrous delivery and the size of the shot, you shouldn't have any major issues but they are definitely possible!

I would give it a shot (no pun intended) on the stock manifold and see how it goes!

If anyone needs anything, let me know!

-Will

89 5.0

Established Member
Hey 89,

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

What springs and exhaust are you looking to pick up?

Hey Pikes,

Depending on the type of nitrous delivery and the size of the shot, you shouldn't have any major issues but they are definitely possible!

I would give it a shot (no pun intended) on the stock manifold and see how it goes!

If anyone needs anything, let me know!

-Will
Will,
I went with the eibach sport lines. And for exhaust I'm looking at the Flowmaster outlaws. I want something super loud and aggressive. Also let me know if you know of which headers (offroad/ longtubes) would match up with this exhaust system.

AMWill

Will,
I went with the eibach sport lines. And for exhaust I'm looking at the Flowmaster outlaws. I want something super loud and aggressive. Also let me know if you know of which headers (offroad/ longtubes) would match up with this exhaust system.

Great choice 89!

You will be more than happy with that setup. In regards to a quality Longtube setup, I run the Stainless Works Long Tube Off-Road Headers on my 2014 GT and absolutely love them! They would definitely be my first choice.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

-Will

Users who are viewing this thread