BR7EF Spark Plugs

outlw

Established Member
I heard you can use the BR7EF Spark plugs instead of the TR 06's is this true I was told they are a better plug is so why?

What is the difference?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Thats quite a list of bikes and cars!!!

Anyways, I tried the BR7EF's and they made my car feel alot less powerful than the TR6's. Now I am running the Autolite 103 plugs with pretty good success. You just cant gap them too close or you will misfire.

95rcobra

Originally posted by Juiced-03
Thats quite a list of bikes and cars!!!

Anyways, I tried the BR7EF's and they made my car feel alot less powerful than the TR6's. Now I am running the Autolite 103 plugs with pretty good success. You just cant gap them too close or you will misfire.

Bryan,
Are you running the regular copper Autolite 103's or are you using the AR 103 racing plugs. I have both and just have not decided which ones to run. you like the way they run in your 03. what gap are using on the 103's. thanks for any info.

Later, Steve.

-----------------------------------
2004 Mystichrome Cobra coupe #????

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by 95rcobra
Bryan,
Are you running the regular copper Autolite 103's or are you using the AR 103 racing plugs. I have both and just have not decided which ones to run. you like the way they run in your 03. what gap are using on the 103's. thanks for any info.

Later, Steve.

Hey Steve,

I am running the regular 103's right now. I could not find the AR103's in my area and didnt want to wait for them in the mail. The car runs great and pulls real hard to redline (better than the TR6's in my opinion). The only thing is if you use a smaller gap (smaller than .034) it will misfire at cruising speeds of about 2-3000rpm's which is VERY annoying. All you have to do is open the gap a little bit like I did and it goes away though. I think my next set will be the AR103's. I dont know the difference, but I guess they are more of a "racing" plug which would suit me well :coolman:. TR6's are good plugs also, but they didnt feel as strong as the 103's near redline.

95rcobra

Originally posted by Juiced-03
Hey Steve,

I am running the regular 103's right now. I could not find the AR103's in my area and didnt want to wait for them in the mail. The car runs great and pulls real hard to redline (better than the TR6's in my opinion). The only thing is if you use a smaller gap (smaller than .034) it will misfire at cruising speeds of about 2-3000rpm's which is VERY annoying. All you have to do is open the gap a little bit like I did and it goes away though. I think my next set will be the AR103's. I dont know the difference, but I guess they are more of a "racing" plug which would suit me well :coolman:. TR6's are good plugs also, but they didnt feel as strong as the 103's near redline.

Bryan,
Thanks for the reply. I hear what you are saying with the TR6's . I have run the TR6's in my 2000 Lightning and 2003 Cobra with reasonable success. I had the Denso plugs in my 2000 Lightning and really like the way it ran with the Denso's. I have heard some good things about the AR103's and I have used Autolite plugs for years in other vehicles so I know they are good. the difference between the Autolite 103 copper plugs and the AR 103 copper core racing plug is that the racing plug has a larger cut back electrode for better heat transfer and stronger spark plus they have anti-corrosive nickel plating. If you like the way the 03 has run with the 103's you should be even more pleased with the AR103's. I bought a set for my 2003 Cobra which I never got to try them out on it but they will be going in the 04 soon. I got a real good price on the AR103's and when I get home later I will post the site where I got these plugs from. I think they were in michigan. anyway I was glad to hear that you liked running the 103's. talk to you later.

Steve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

95rcobra

Bryan,
I got my Autolite AR103 racing plugs at Monarch products out there in Menifee, Ca. the site that I got them from is Sparkplugs.com the AR103's go for $3.18 each from Monarch plus they also have most other plugs available for our Cobras. I also have a set of the regular autolite 103 plugs and I will put them in the Cobra first and see how they run compared to when I put in the Racing 103's. they should be better than the regular ones but we shall see. I had the TR6's in my 2003 Cobra and they ran pretty good but I wanted to put the autolites in for comparison but never got the chance. talk to you later.

Steve C.

----------------------------------

Juiced-03

Established Member
Sounds good Steve! I am about ready for a new set of plugs (I change them often) so I would like to hear your feedback regarding the AR's. I am also curious to see if you notice any misfiring at low rpm's while cruising. I think it all depends on the gap. $25 is alot for plugs to me because I change them so often, so hopefully you can convince me they are worth the money! So far I have been happy with the $8 103's though :D

I will never go back to NGK' though.

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I've ran TR6's and 103's, didn't have a problem with either, both ran great.
I'm running IT22's now but only to be safe(mind game honestly).
For some reason i liked the Autolites better then the NGK's(another mind game).

Fastford

Established Member
Originally posted by outlw
I heard you can use the BR7EF Spark plugs instead of the TR 06's is this true I was told they are a better plug is so why?

What is the difference?

I run those plugs in my car. They are a little cooler then the tr6's. Plus they dont have an projected tip. Projected tip isnt that good for high boost applications. The electrode protrudes to far out into the chamber. My .02

Jason Cohen

Users who are viewing this thread