Bra Covers

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
:fm: Well, I got my first chip on my 03 Cobra, and I am not a happy camper! Has anyone had any luck with Bra Covers? I recently bought one through a ford dealership, but the bra fit terribly, so has anyone had any better luck than me? If so, where, what, and how much? :shrug:

NCStanger

Established Member
I heard you ain't gonna be able to find one that fits (made for) the 03 cobra till after new year 2003. I hope this changes real soon. I got 2 chips already too, and if I had the bra neither would have happened.

SVTyballz

Established Member
This stuff works great for paint chips.

http://www.langka.com/index.htm#top

i just got some last week. took care of some chips on a different vehicle. (didn't want to test it on my 03) im not a big fan of car bras. actually i like the no bra look on everything now that i think of it. hehehehehehehehe anyway, yes, the langka stuff works.

gary

RedSnake

Mustang Purist
Established Member
I just talked to PPI (www.mustangparts.com) about their Cobra bra this morning. The guy there said the current one they offer will not fit the '03, but he is expecting an updated version that fits the '03 in mid-October.

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
Car Bra

:sleeping: Well, I guess I will just sit and wait until one comes in. It's just that here in TN, houses are being built everywhere and rocks and pebbles are all over the roads, and those kind of things are not a good on our cars paintjobs. :nono:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Please don' put a bra on your Cobra. They look like crap and trap moisture against your hood. If you want to protect your car take a look at this.
http://www.invinca-shield.com/asp/Genkit.asp?kit=1428

I sent them an email a couple weeks ago about a kit for my Cobra and they didn't have one yet. I am going to send them another email today and would request everybody else interested do the same I am sure they will rush to make it if they see interest.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
I made the mistake of using a bra on my other car, and after a few uses, the bra wore the paint off across the hood. I had to have the hood repainted.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
By far the best bra is Speed Lingerie. This is one area where the Vette drivers have it all over us, since they do not make a bra for any Mustang.

However, they have a great product.

agbulit

Established Member
:thumbsup:
i have an appt with invinca-shield at their site on tues the 2nd of sept to get their full setup. i think this will give them an opportunity to get their 1st good measurements on an 03 cobra. i will let them know about the interest from fellow snake drivers and i bet they will soon have a kit online for us.

2003SVTCobra

Established Member
bra

:-D That sounds great. I would rather have something like that, rather than a bra. I do agree with the rest of you, but what can a person do besides not drive it. and I'm not doing that!:lol1: Let us know when they do the measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread