braided brake lines? anyone done them yet?

Andy M

Established Member
I just ordered a set of stainless braided brake lines from Kenny Brown. I will be bringing the R over to Tommie Vaughn in Houston to get the system bled, install the new lines, and pump in some DOT4 racing fluid some time week after next.

Anyone here done this to your R yet? I know Joe and Kevin have had problems with their brakes when they tried to change the fluid. I mentioned this to Rich at Kenny Brown and he said it could have something to do with the HiPo fluid (synthetic) that they were trying to put in. He says you cannot mix the two without first completely draining and blowing out the old (non-synthetic) fluid, otherwise you will have some pretty bad problems - as both Joe and Kevin have had. I wonder if this is what caused their problems??

Anyway, I hope to get this done as soon as the new lines arrive. By the way, they get $139.00 for the set.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
I just ordered a set of stainless braided brake lines from Kenny Brown. I will be bringing the R over to Tommie Vaughn in Houston to get the system bled, install the new lines, and pump in some DOT4 racing fluid some time week after next.

Anyone here done this to your R yet? I know Joe and Kevin have had problems with their brakes when they tried to change the fluid. I mentioned this to Rich at Kenny Brown and he said it could have something to do with the HiPo fluid (synthetic) that they were trying to put in. He says you cannot mix the two without first completely draining and blowing out the old (non-synthetic) fluid, otherwise you will have some pretty bad problems - as both Joe and Kevin have had. I wonder if this is what caused their problems??

Anyway, I hope to get this done as soon as the new lines arrive. By the way, they get $139.00 for the set.

Andy,
I have had my lines off and bled the system. It was pretty uneventful, don't know what went wrong with Joe for sure, but I believe they allowed the reseviour to go dry allowing air into the system.

Brian

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
I would like to see a photo of those lines. The brembo lines were only $70.00
Terry,

where did you order your Brembo rotors and lines from? Are those the same rotors that Joe and Kevin are using? two piece with slots?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Terry,

where did you order your Brembo rotors and lines from? Are those the same rotors that Joe and Kevin are using? two piece with slots?

Andy,
Check out the private forum, there might be something of interst about the rotors there.

Brian

kevin

too late for me on brembo braided lines.

i installed the baer braided lines. you have to get a different banjo bolt for the back of the caliper.

i did let my resivor get to low and lost my pedal. the only way i have brakes now (i hope) i let the car sit a couple of weeks and then rebled them (actually i went to a dealer to do this incase something else was wrong, i had to go for a realignment anyway). the lines had quite a bit of air in them and the mech said that sometimes it takes a while for the air to bubble to the top points in the line.

i use the ford high performance dot 3 (have since the begining). the new dot 4 ford has CANNOT be mixed with their dot 3

kevin

Terry,

yes. i've gone to the two piece slotted brembos.

Users who are viewing this thread