Brake Light In Spoiler = '95 Cobra

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
:mj:
Have any '94 - '95 Cobra owners had experience in fixing inop lights in the spoiler brake light? The fourth light from the right isn't working. Called the dealer, and the 'nut' in the parts dept told me a '95 Cobra didn't have a light in the spoiler, so it must be an after-market spoiler! He had a '95 GT, so he knew everything. I'll have to go down and talk with the parts manager, and educate him a little!

Dan

Boosted32V

Established Member
Hey Dano, there is a place near Dallas (Wylie) called ABC Exclusive that carrys that aftermarket spoiler for that car, I am sure you can get the third light from them also, you are correct in the fact that the 94-95 Cobras had the third light in the spoiler cause they did not have the cut-out for the light in the trunk. 96-98 Cobras and GT's had the third light in the trunk. I hope they have it in stock or not a delete item from FORD, thos cars are reaching 8 years+...'H'

MARK C

Established Member
Dan, I also have 2 led's out in my spoiler. I have a good friend who is a parts guy (like myself) @ a ford dealership. The led's are not sold by them selfs. The lamp assy in the spoiler is cancelled, along with the spoiler itself! A big load of shit if you ask me! I'm going to take my spoiler off, to get the lamp assy out, then try to match up some new led's.
I'll let you know If I have any luck.
Mark

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Good luck. You should be able to match up LED's and solder them in right? Cadillac guys go through this with the Seville lights in the back. Painus in the anus.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
3rd Brake Light

Mark ... thanks for the input. Do you have a Web Site with a picture of your Cobra? I'd like to see what the "R" hood looks like. That's one of the items on my future "To Do" list.

Dan

Last edited:

MARK C

Established Member
Dan...sorry, no pics I can send you. But mine looks just like an R. with the white paint and the real R wheels. What ever you do, don't use Cincinnati composites!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They suck!! The first hood I got from them looked great, until we baked it.....holes everywhere! It took me 4 weeks to get a refund!! I got one from Cervini's, a little more money but WELL worth it! Very high quality! Much better fit a finish. I was able to use all the factory hardware.
Hope this helps
Mark

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Thanks Mark .. I'll keep the info for when I get my hood. I've been to the site, and yes they are pricey, but I keep hearing good things about them [Cirvini's].

Dan

Badasp5.0

Established Member
WOW I must be doing something right ...I have the factory one on there, no problems:beer: ...110+K miles daily driven.....HUH Good luck ...just looking at it seems like a PITA to mess with.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I plan on taking mine off some day soon, and looking at the LEDs. I'm a little concerned about the paint chipping around the mounts when I remove the spoiler, so I'm a little hesitant. There is so much crap going on right now, I just can't get to it [painting second half of garage floor (temperature is putting the screws to me)]. My pending layoff in about a month and a half is on my mind too! I'll post the results of the LEDs when I get to them.

Dan

Mario92

Former Parts Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
:mj:
Have any '94 - '95 Cobra owners had experience in fixing inop lights in the spoiler brake light? The fourth light from the right isn't working. Called the dealer, and the 'nut' in the parts dept told me a '95 Cobra didn't have a light in the spoiler, so it must be an after-market spoiler! He had a '95 GT, so he knew everything. I'll have to go down and talk with the parts manager, and educate him a little!

Dan

As Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon!!!" That third brake light in the spoiler was one of the main selling points with me. :-D

Too bad some Ford Bean counter figured it would be cheaper to use one deck lid and spoiler vs making two different ones.

Users who are viewing this thread