Brakes!!!!!!

JamesPhipps

Has anyone had any issues with the back brakes ? I only have 1600 miles and the brakes are making a grinding noise and I have not done any brake torques so to say . If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Also the rear look as if their starting to be grooved. Thanks Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
No noise yet... only 300 some miles though...
Only had em smoking twice so far!..LOL.... that was the fronts though.
My dad always told me I was a little hard on the equipment...
I was a terror in my parts driving days(very brief thanks to dad..the parts manager)
Every run was a race.... what a genius... a fully lettered Ford dealer parts truck w/ a phone number:bash:
ahhhh the days of our youth....
Jimmy

500hp03Cobra

Established Member
the grinding you are hearing is a metal on metal sound. you need to replace yoru brake pads because they are worn allteh way down. how hard are you driving your car?

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I would take a look at them. Check the rotors for rust, where the pad makes contact with the rotor, from rain or after washing the car and letting the car sit for awhile you get a metal on metal grinding kind of noise that eventually goes away as the rotors surface is smoothed off by the pads. If that's not the problem, I would take a peak at the pad and rotor assembly themselves and make sure they are not metal to metal cause you could have a sticking caliper or a rock caught between the dust shield and the rotor.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
With that many miles and grooves in the rotors, I would have to guess that you've got a rock or other object stuck in there. Pull the wheels and take a look.

JamesPhipps

Thanks for the info and the car has not been beat to f- - - and back however I am going to have the dealer look at it and I will let you know the cause. Also both sides have groove lines in them but the fronts are smooth . Thanks again Jim

Juiced-03

Established Member
I just replaced my rear pads at 25,000 miles. Dont ever buy Raybestos pads. They were a step down from stock BIG TIME. Just a FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread