Brisk Plugs and Poor Quality Control,,Pics!!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I received my new Brisk GOR15LGS plugs the other day,,,today I got ready to install them when I notice one of the plugs looked "funny"!!!

The plug on the left is all swelled up and deformed in the area that the spark plug socket goes!!!

Makes you wonder how a plug this bad gets through quality control??:nono:

DSCN2222.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

DSCN2224.jpg

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Well it's so out of shape that it doesn't fit in the spark plug socket and overall it's longer than the other plugs!!

And look how the hex area for the socket is tapered like this \ /

kilroy

Powered by Ford/FRPP/ATS
Established Member
the 15s are colder than 17s - which I was told a moderately warmed Terminator would need & the KB/NOS cars would use the cooler BRISK. So I'm wondering your sig was out of date - if you had a KB or NOS?

The plug on the left does appear deformed...

Last edited:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
My sig. is up to date,,I went with the 15's because that's what my tuner recommended!!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
No they are made in Skandinavia, or slovakia er...some where in Western Europe where they don't care if plugs are deformed since most of their cars are too.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Originally posted by MP3_Stang
What camera do you use? Those pics are very clear.

I use a Nikon Coolpix 990,,,old camera that I purchased used but it works well!!!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Do you guys think I should give the Brisks a try or just sell em and get some TR6's or something??

I had some Autolite AR103's but the car had a pretty bad miss at about 2000rpm so I regapped my stock AWSFA12C's and now the miss is gone!!!

kaos

Established Member
I wouldn't put those in my car just for the fact that they can't even resemble one another. Why take the chance? Do you have that much to gain with these plugs? I would just get what's tried and proven and where all the plugs match up, like the TR6's if that's the ticket for you Terminators.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It looks like the wrong plug completely. The tips are even different (the spark head). They both had the same part # on the boxes they came out of?

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
They are the same plug number and everything,,,that one is just jacked up from the factory imho!!

Factory defective part and so far I can't get a response to my requests for a replacement??

Users who are viewing this thread