broke output shaft! NEED replies, thanks!

mrowe

found out today what happened to the tranny on my 04 cobra. i posted the broken tranny thread a day or so ago. turns out that the wheel hop i experienced broke the output shaft on the tranny. i am waiting on word from the dealer right now, he says he has to get approval from some representative from Ford before they can do anything. i have a stock car and warranty is intact. anybody else out there break an output shaft and if so did the dealer try to screw you out of fixing it under warranty?

betiwin

Established Member
Thats prolly the 5th or 6th one i have heard do that. Usually from wheel hop, and i think most were covered under warranty.

Tman

Established Member
They should fix it under warranty especially given that your car is completely stock. But once again it all depends which dealer you go to.
Good luck man!!

CobraStang351

Established Member
Ford B S! Are You Listening Ford!!!

Well here is a up date to Mikes deal here. He called me this afternoon and told me that the Ford rep had denied his claim due to not having factory tires on his car! HMMM! He has on a set of BBS RKs 18" With BFGs KDs all the way around! STREET TIRES NOT DRAGS! SOME ONE BETTER STEP UP AT FORD/SVT! After hearing this and many other stories like this I am very glad I didn't purchase a new Cobra! Yes it is cheap power but FORDS BS has to stop! I have alway bought Fords since I was 16. I currently own 3 including a LS. If he doesn't get a fair resolve on this, MY Blue Oval Blood WIll have a transplant for sure! I have already been looking at Vettes and well the new Z06. What do you say about that! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread