Built Motor Emissions question. HELP!!!

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
Hey guys, I sold my cobra (actually pending sale) so I got a new edge GT with a built motor, fully forged, staged 2 cams, etc. The car was built and tuned by a very reputable shop in the Northern VA. I ran the OBDII test while running through the car and saw that the O2 sensor codes, Cats, Misfire, and one or two others came up as "not applicable". I know that "not ready" will not pass emissions. So my question is will the car go through emissions with it being "not applicable" or am I going to need a re tune? Trying to register the car soon for the spring so advice would be great. Thanks Guys!!!

gtcs07

Established Member
In nj if it comes up n/a it basically is overlooked at least thats how it was when i inspected my brother's lightning 2 years ago.

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
In nj if it comes up n/a it basically is overlooked at least thats how it was when i inspected my brother's lightning 2 years ago.

If it works the same way for my car that would be great, and I could save $$$$$. Thanks

Epiqtool

I am an inspector in pa and only "not ready" are looked at, if it says n/a
Then the computer over looks it.

NoRdO

Established Member
As long as the CEL stays off it should probably be fine. I took my car in for emissions in MD with codes. I guess since the cel was off it passed. I'm not sure about VA though.

Users who are viewing this thread