Busted cable

svtcobra553

Established Member
I was wondering if anybody else has had this happen. I've been
hearing a popping sound the last couple of days when I would press the clutch I looked up under the dash and couldn't see a whole lot but I figured it was probly the stock plastic clutch quadrent starting to flex. but Sunday night me and a freind of mine were out and I went to grab second and I heard a snap and felt somthing hit my leg, the dam clutch pedal went right to the floor. I reached down and piced up about a 2" peice of clutch cable that had aparently been snapping strand by strand. I've had cluch cables strech over time but this is the first time i've ever had one snap. Anyway I ordered Steedas billet aluminum Quadrent and adjustable cable does anyone know what I should expect from this as far as the speed of engagement and pedal pressure.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Its real good when it comes to puting the pedal at the right palce you can basically put the pedal where ever you want it. but i did have some problems getting firewall adjuster into the firewall. had to put grease and file the firewall down a little before it would go in but other than that a very simple instalation. oh yeah you have to put the cable through a different route and one thing i used to keep the cable away from the long tubes was nylon ties but one got to close and melted on the long tube. like i said other than that very easy and very good.

i8u

Established Member
If you want a adj cluth quad kit from BBK I have one. It is new. Never been used. I could sell it cheap.

svtcobra553

Established Member
Well my new setup came monday and I just finished installing it
took about an hour and a half total. Everything went smoothly the hardest part was routing the cable, (two poeople would definetly help for that). It works great it feels much more precice
with all the rubber bushings out. The only thing that just doesn't sit right is the new quadrent just floats on the shafts there is nothing to hold it in line with the cable. Has anyone else done this and know what i'm talking about? And if so is it supposed to be like that or did they short me some peices.

Users who are viewing this thread