Buy 07 Shelby GT500 for MSRP + $5,000

67bigblock

Established Member
MPRT_H8R said:
can someone explain to me why people are so willing to pay so much for this car?? i have seen them and they are not all that great. they sit too high, look too bulky, tires are too thin, wheels are really ugly and the interior looks just like a GT except that a tiny little cobra is on the seat. i would rather pay 26 for a GT and fix it up the exact way i want it and save $20K

Thats pretty funny. Gotta say they dont seem too much faster than an 03-04 Cobra (stock) so we're onto something here unless one loves the looks. I think they look nice,.....but could use a few upgrdes.

Plus my Ford dealer is lame and I went way out of my way the last time I bought a mustang here in CT 06834.

Anthony K

Established Member
Varsity Ford here in Ann Arbor, sold 5 ( five ) GT500's at sticker.took about a week, but all sold. there are good dealers out there. not all are rapists.

call and ask for Matt Stanford 734 332 1760

tell him Anthony from Motown sent you.

67bigblock

Established Member
Anthony K said:
Varsity Ford here in Ann Arbor, sold 5 ( five ) GT500's at sticker.took about a week, but all sold. there are good dealers out there. not all are rapists.

call and ask for Matt Stanford 734 332 1760

tell him Anthony from Motown sent you.

When I was living in Ann Arbor I bought my 90 LX 5.0 from the other local dealer that is a little smaller. They were really good. Might have been the town just outside of Ann Arbor ( that it was actually located in) near where u get off the main highway.

click

Established Member
I was at Galpin Ford today and they had a GT500 for 46k flat + taxes.
Least that is what I was offered.

commando

Established Member
MPRT_H8R said:
can someone explain to me why people are so willing to pay so much for this car?? i have seen them and they are not all that great. they sit too high, look too bulky, tires are too thin, wheels are really ugly and the interior looks just like a GT except that a tiny little cobra is on the seat. i would rather pay 26 for a GT and fix it up the exact way i want it and save $20K

A GT will never even approach the potential of the GT500. You'd have to buy terminator heads, forged internals, and the transmission isn't even equipped to handle high HP on a standard GT and load this car up with boost and you'd still be capped @ <600 rwhp with pump gas. The GT500 is easily capable of >800rwhp! IT is about like when the 03 04 cobras were being compared to the same model years of saleen or roush. Not even close. Never could be. The terminator would smoke all of those.

commando

Established Member
click said:
I was at Galpin Ford today and they had a GT500 for 46k flat + taxes.
Least that is what I was offered.

I gotta call bullshit on this one:bs: Who exactly did you talk to? The ONLY people that can sell a GT500 at Galpin are the GM and sales manager. No one else there can even begin to negotiate prices for them. I have been talking to them. I talked to them today. No 46K flat at Galpin. :nono:

vulk

Established Member
firemanmike said:
I think that a Z06 is really (IMO) a once in a lifetime car. Its a super car with a five year warranty that I have to have. The only reason I didn't go for the first deal was I'm having trouble getting my head around not having a rag top. I have had one for the last 20 years and love open top driving. I just need to get to ge my head right and I'm buying it. OR I might just go for an 08 Vette drop top with a Z51 package with the Z06 exhuast. 08's are now bumped up to 430 or 435 horse and then I have what I like. Now, if GM would just make a rag top Z06, I'd run out now and wait for the dealership to open in the morning. I can't understand why they don't offer it as a vert (or targa). Viper has one, same HP, plenty of other big buck sports car do, why not the Z06?

You might want to think twice on getting a c6 vette, or atleast do some research with the problems they are having. I have an 07 z51 package c6 manual and I have had problems with the transmission since 3000 miles, and am in the process of getting an arbitration from the Better Business Bureau due to the dealerships neglect of the problem and poor customer service. There are many others, I am not the only one.. check the vette boards. Just trying to inform you man so you dont have the same headache I do.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
vaheek said:
You might want to think twice on getting a c6 vette, or atleast do some research with the problems they are having. I have an 07 z51 package c6 manual and I have had problems with the transmission since 3000 miles, and am in the process of getting an arbitration from the Better Business Bureau due to the dealerships neglect of the problem and poor customer service. There are many others, I am not the only one.. check the vette boards. Just trying to inform you man so you dont have the same headache I do.

I'd buy the automatic, but they might have problems with them too??? Who knows???

vulk

Established Member
i havent heard of any problems from the automatics, hopefully they dont have nylon parts like they do in the manual transmissions.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread