Buying an 01' Cobra

MysticDMBherb

Established Member
I've been in the market for a Cobra for almost a year now, I'm not that experienced with Mustangs, maybe some of you can suggest a price I should bargain for. I'm looking at an 01' Cobra, black, coupe, manual, 18" chrome saleen wheels, 03' hood and front bumper, 3.73's, SLP exhaust (not sure what exactly it is yet), about 75,xxx, rebuild tranny, new clutch, new engine (about 15,xxx)...they are asking 11.5k. Also, one thing that bothers me is that it's a kid thats selling it, but then again so am I (I'm 19). I'm thinking of only paying up to $10k at most. Thoughts?

airstang93

Established Member
what kind of engine, why was the tranny rebuilt? for 10,000, you can find one that has less miles and some decent mods... just my opinion but i never trusted buying a car when someone has rebuilt an engine, unless it was professionally done and they have receipts to show it.. people think they know how to rebuild but one minor mistake and ur left with the price tag of fixing it.. i bought mine with minor mods and 65,000 miles for 8700.. gl with it...

Users who are viewing this thread