CA legal header/midpipe swap, '06 GT

PhotonSabreX

Motor City Slicker
Established Member
Guys,

I'm moving from Detroit to LA in a couple of weeks and I want to know if any of you guys know about any CA legal long-tube header and catalytic midpipe swaps. I know that I can get shorties that are legal, but I'm trying to find some long tubes.

JBA makes a catalytic midpipe for their long tube headers, but are these legal though?

I'm deadly close to just saying **** it and going with that combination anyway. How would I actually get busted with illegal emissions? Does anyone have any experience?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
Neither listed are smog legal in Cali, it sucks here. Only thing you can do is shorties and stock H pipe if you want to keep it smog legal or run shorties and High flow and when it comes time to smog swap out the H pipe.

BigRick

Whippled Roush
Established Member
Im not sure about California but most of the smog laws are the same here in Nevada.
On a new vehicle a smog test isnt required for 2 years.
My 2 cents is just quit throwing your money away on bolt-ons with minimal gains.Tough it out and save up for a supercharger.
I've seen guys spend $2500 dollars on "bolt-ons" and only gain 50 RWHP.Spend $4000 on a intercooled supercharger and triple that number.:rockon:
Yes,its hard to resist but well worth it in the long run.
Good luck and thank God you made it out of Detroit.:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread