Cai kits

Jaceracer

Established Member
What's the best bang for the money? I was looking at the volant because I do like the idea of a closed system but wanted to hear from more experienced people.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
I’ve had 3 different brands on my truck over the last 15 years. Great for sound for sure but not much noticeable difference in power. Now a days for ease, I am on the stock airbox, hole cut in the bottom of it and a k&n drop in.

Jaceracer

Established Member
Ya i know they don't really add squat unless you are going all out on mods and I'm staying pretty much stock. I was just asking far as quality and being a closed system what would be worth the money.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I have an "old-school" Fram-Boost kit open filter intake-
I have the original dri-filter Fram-Boost & AEM dri-filter to swap between cleanings.

It's now AEM Brute-Force Intake today

Plus I use one of their "pre-filter wraps" too.

I definitely can hear low-tone air flow growl on initial start. My L seems to "breath" a little better compared to the OE airbox.

..............................................................................................

I have a Volant kit on my 2WD 4-cyl Tacoma which this version comes with a clear plastic lid that I didn't install.
With the "open-top" Volant airbox on the 2.4L there are differences from the OE assembly.
Seems to be more rev-happy & definite louder engine growl than before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread