Cam decision....gt40 heads

TX93Cobra

Established Member
I run a trick flow stage 1 with gt40p heads, drives good on the street. My car made 300rwhp.

yea i hear good things about the trick flow stage 1 cam. but after hearing, and riding in teal venoms with the n-41, i think thats what im going to go after. my goal is 300rwhp but i dont see myself getting it. what is your build chris??

chris1badL

Established Member
Just your basic 306, TF stage 1, edelbrock performer intake, GT40p heads. Full Long tube exhaust. Car runs great on the street. My brother in law has a 331 with a e303 and I think with a different cam his car would run alot better. Not a big fan of the alpha cams. I havent ran boost on the car yet but that is the plan, I hear the trick flow cam is boost friendly. I will let you know.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
yea the only things im wanting to do is just put longtubes and a new cam in it while im still in college. ya thats the way im feeling with my e303, even tho it runs real good just think there should be more...

geoffc

Established Member
I've seen people run 1.6rr on the intake and 1.7rr on the exhaust w/ the e cam to mimic a dual profile. There wasn't much of a difference in the powerband though.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
yea i hear good things about the trick flow stage 1 cam. but after hearing, and riding in teal venoms with the n-41, i think thats what im going to go after. my goal is 300rwhp but i dont see myself getting it. what is your build chris??

I have been thinking about the N-21 cam for a while now myself. Does anyone have an idle and/or driving around vid with an N-21/N-41 cam?

Thanks

TX93Cobra

Established Member
I have been thinking about the N-21 cam for a while now myself. Does anyone have an idle and/or driving around vid with an N-21/N-41 cam?

Thanks

there is a teal 5.0 on youtube with the n-41. it sounds pretty good. teal venom said if you have notched pistons you can run the n-41 with 1.7rr. otherwise ull probably be running the n-21. i searched for a while to find some videos of the n-21 or dyno numbers and couldnt really find any...

TEAL VNM

Established Member
I am running the N-41 with stock pistons, twisted wedge heads, and 1.7s without a problem. It just depends on what setup you have. I would check piston to valve clearance just to be safe.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
I am running the N-41 with stock pistons, twisted wedge heads, and 1.7s without a problem. It just depends on what setup you have. I would check piston to valve clearance just to be safe.
oh okay guess i misread.

Users who are viewing this thread