cammed cobra? how much approximately?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Want the best bang for your buck? pick up a set of 96-98 cams ...or even 99/01 cams still have almost 20* more of duration.

There are more gains than just peak horsepower..remember that.

It may only be 20-30rwhp...but the power will not drop off as much on the end. May not make a difference to most of you guys that don't really spin their motors that high...but if you take it over 7k+ ...it is a WORLD of a difference. However if you don't like to spin the engine and want to stay with midrange, then a more mild/stock cam might be suitable.

I am PRO-cam....and will never own another stock cam modular. Although it isn't for everyone and every build, there is NO better way to put it than that.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
not worth it unless the motor had to be torn apart. I'm putting in a set of custom grinds for just that reason. I spun some bearings and wrecked a rod and piston so I said F it and I'm getting a stage 3 port while I'm at it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
to start off- I have cams- made for my setup- which is a f1a setup so rpm is my friend. however- I agree that cams on a stock blower setup is too expensive imo. that being said- if the motor is out- it's pretty dumb to not do everything you can when it's out. but that's the problem with our hobby and this forum doesn't help-ever heard the phrase-"spending money I don't have to impress people I don't know"? it's true- so unless you're going for a maximum setup- why bother? all the posts are right about the 96-98 cams though- they're good- but after you spend the time to degree them in- why not step it up to aftermarket cams? if you have a twin screw- eliminate restriction- imo- you would be better served to worry about inlet restrictions than cams. if you want sound- buy a fox body or a gm car. that's my opinion- and the only stock thing on my car is the k member and the steering setup- so take that as you will OP cause it gets out of hand very quick once you start with the serious mods-which cams are. I have 32k in my car now without including the purchase price so i know a little about mods and regret about pointless forum competition mods. what do you want from the car- what can you afford and what does your wife allow?

svtcobratenthan

Established Member
cams

I just put stage 3 crowers in mine but the motor was out. Also my brother is a certified svt heavy line mechanic so labor was not a issue.But i can tell u this u better have the money 4 a whilpple or a kb. the little eaton wont work with those cams.

Users who are viewing this thread